Kona Stab

scotty4130

Retro Newbie
Firstly, i hope i'm in the correct section. I was sold the frame as a 1998 model, although its running a different livery to another '98 stab i've spotted! Perhaps a kona expert could clarify the date for me?

So heres a few pictures as the bike sits at the minute, its quite a mish mash of parts that have been accumulated over the years. I've had the azonic double wall bars since i was 15, nearly 30 now!

The frame itself has one issue, rear seat stay pivot is cracked. It has been repaired in the past but the crack has repeared!

At the minute i've reached a crossroads with the bike, i'm using it very little after a house move has taken me quite a distance away from old trails and to be honest i think a hardtail would be much better suited to be needs at the minute (maybe i'm just getting old! :cry: )

P1010054.jpg

P1010055.jpg

P1010056.jpg

P1010057.jpg

and the damage.................

P1010058.jpg

It's a 1999.
Came with 5" inches in the rear via a Fox Vanilla, 5" in the front with a Marzocchi Jr. T and Avid Arch Rival V-brakes.

slope":j49g9zng said:
It's a 1999.
Came with 5" inches in the rear via a Fox Vanilla, 5" in the front with a Marzocchi Jr. T and Avid Arch Rival V-brakes.

thanks for the info. This frame has BETD adaptors to increase the travel 7 inches as far as i know.

Scotty - CRC have seat stay assemblies on sale at the mo' although according to the excel Kona compatibility download on this page the 1999 Stab chainstay has been discontinued with no compatible models available (athough they all look pretty similar to me ;) )

Bike looks great though!

I sold a 2005 recently, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140707074382 for spares, with cracks seemingly everywhere except the seat stays :LOL:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back