1984 Raleigh Sirocco Restoration Now Finished.

Great looking Raleigh.

May i suggest buying a rubber chain-stay protector to stop chainslap from ruining the paintwork on the stay ;)

Ian.

Holy thread/bike resurrection!

OP, I've have one of these and would like to powder coat it in that colour, can you remember the powder-coat code/details by any chance? Thnks. It really looks like a nice deep metallic finish. Nice job overall on your rebuild, if mine gets to look half that good it'd be a job well done!

Strange that this has come up now, I've been working on one of these in the same colour recently, for a friend of a friend who wants to try getting into cycling again.

It's in a terrible state and the components are all either cheap or knackered (apart from the campag brakes), but the frame is lovely!

Re:

It's in a terrible state and the components are all either cheap or knackered (apart from the campag brakes), but the frame is lovely!

Snap. Just began dismantling a red one that a friend gave to me. It was almost an apologetic look when he handed it over, hahah. Such is the state of it. Still, no rust on the frame and these Campy brakes are v nice.

How’s the 2017 build going?

Re:

Malvern Rider":q35jf4fa said:
Snap. Just began dismantling a red one that a friend gave to me. It was almost an apologetic look when he handed it over, hahah. Such is the state of it. Still, no rust on the frame and these Campy brakes are v nice.

How’s the 2017 build going?

It's been and gone in a couple of weeks.

I re-built it with a mixture of parts, a total mongrel really, but I knew it was unlikely to be ridden anyway. As it transpires, months later I asked whether the guy had ridden it, and was told "the frames too big" (he had provided the frame!! :LOL: )

It'll probably turn up on my doorstep again one day.

Back