Concorde Squadra TSX + C Record

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Hi all
Just thought I would share my new rider. Its only just landed, had a quick hand polish and assembled so I can have a ride before a strip down and proper service, polish and one or two changes.
For this I have to thank the legend that is Mel in Holland ;)
I recieved an email saying he had spotted a Squadra in my size, a 48cm in a small shop near to him with mainly C record parts if I was interested. Certainly was :) Mel went, had a look, took some pics, sorted a price and got back to me. They were selling it for a third party and it was a very good price, so the next step was would they ship it. That was a bit of a sticky issue that I didnt realise at the time but eventually Mel ended up packing it to his usual high standard and shipped it. I really cant thank him enough for all he's done for me. A Dura Ace in a sea of Sora ;)
Its sat at the shop for a while and spent most days outside so the brightwork is a bit dulled and everything needs regreased. Its been used as intended and has a few chips but has been well looked after.
I wasn't after a show bike but a rider to sit along side my treasured Merckx. Something that was nice to ride but that I could tinker with as I went along, and this fits the bill perfectly. Also being Campagnolo equiped it will compliment it nicely.
The size is perfect which is nice as so often getting a 48cm is very hard to find or like my Merckx its classed as a custom build and carries a premium over a standard sizing when bought new.
As can be seen from the specs below its mainly C record but the shifters and brake levers have been replaced with ergopowers and the rear mech is a veloce, these are 9 speed judging by the cassette and must have been an upgrade a good while back. The wheels are CXP 30 aero rims running on Dura Ace hubs with a 9 speed cassette.
In the short term I will replace the rear mech with a Campagnolo one more in keeping with the polished look. Rims will probably be changed out soon as I am swapping my open pro's on the Merckx for a new pair of blue open pro's so this will probably get the grey open pro's from the Merckx. Other than that I think it will just be a work in progress for a while as I am itching to just get out and ride it, then maybe it might head back down the full C record route.
If anyone knows what these ergo shifters are i would be grateful to know as I have only ever run Shimano and am not that up on ID'ing all the myriad Campagnolo variants.
I will add to this once I get some miles in and swap out the pics for a couple of nice road shots. These were just quickly taken this afternoon once it was unpacked.
Specs:

Frame: Columbus TSX

Fork: Columbus

Headset: C Record
Stem: Cinelli
Handlebar: ITM
Bar Tape: ?

Brake Levers/Brifters: ? Campagnolo 9 speed
Brake Calipers: C Record Cobalto
Brake Pads: Campagnolo
Brake Cables: Campagnolo

Shifters:
Front Derailleur: C Record
Rear Derailleur: Campagnolo 9 speed Veloce
Derailleur Cables: ?
Cassette: Campagnolo Record
Chain:
Cranks: C Record 170mm
Chainrings: Campagnolo C Record?
Bottom Bracket: C Record
Pedals:

Rims: Mavic CXP 30
Hubs: Dura Ace
Hub Skewers: Dura Ace
Nipples:
Spokes:
Tyres: Pariba handmade pro evolution rear, Vredestien front
Tubes:

Saddle: Hoske Colnago
Seatpost: C Record
Seatpost Binder:

Bottle Cage: Tackx
Extras:

Weight: without chain 9.2kilo

IMG_3139.jpg

IMG_3154.jpg

IMG_3148.jpg

IMG_3144.jpg

IMG_3149.jpg

IMG_3141.jpg

IMG_3165.jpg

yes, very nice.

I have one 54x54 but in columbus SL. I can say that I was happily surprised with the frame's quality. I've heard several times these frames (in SL and SLX) were made by Ciöcc and they certainly seem so.

I believe it was Billato who built both the Concorde and the Ciocc.

You could also complement the build with Super Record, Jamie. I believe the original PDM team bikes also came with a blend of C-Record and Super Record.

Hi Guys

Hi Guys
Thanks for the replies.
Unfortunately I had to go away for work on the Friday evening after I posted this and will now be away until Wednesday. So I havnt been out on it yet :cry: but I will have a good fews days free over the next few weeks so will make the most of it and get some quality miles in.
I will post a bit about how it rides after a few miles and a few pics in the sun (hopefully) ;)

Jamie

Hi guys

Hi guys
Thanks for the input.
I am back home now and while working tomorrow I will have the rear mech and chain sorted for an early start out on Sunday. So looking forward to it after so many distractions this last week since it arrived.
Any body recognise the STI's?
Cheers
Jamie

Finally!

Finally had a day to get the Concorde out for a brief ride, around 30 klm's only due to time available.
It took me a while to sort the rear derailleur out as the cable adjuster was broken, sheared off on the thread which made the cable hard to set up as the adjuster would twist.
I just wanted to get out for a ride on it and then I can start sorting out a new derailluer once I strip it to clean and service it.
Being aware that it needed a good service and lube, I told myself dont be annoyed if the gears are a bit out, or shifting is clunky etc just see how it rides. I was actually really suprised as the gears were OK and worked, need a bit of tweaking but they certainly worked fine. The ride though was really nice, only short but nice none the same. Handling was pinpiont and even on the rough singletrack farm roads it absolutely flew over it. Hopefully get a proper ride out tomorrow afternoon as this one I was more thinking of gears and gear changes than the handling.
So far seems like a worthy stablemate for the Merckx :)
Couple of pics, one from out on the road before my little camera died and one from out the front of the house when I got in. Nice weather too, hard to believe it was snowing yesterday.

Jamie
IMG_3172.jpg

DSC_1827.jpg

Nice Jamie. You live in an open place.

On the 2nd pic you can clearly see the flat headtube that is needed to make this small frame work.

The bike deserves a c-Record or Super Record mech, instead of this coated (Mirage?) example. I will take a look on Kelly's bike in the book and let you know what he had.

Hi mate

Hi mate
Yes, its very open up here :LOL: If you look down the road, on the left is Dunnett piont, the most northerly piont of mainland Britain and on the left is the island of Hoy.
I agree wholeheartedly that its needs a nicer rear mech, even if it worked perfectly, it just doesn't fit. Otherwise it rides really nice and fits perfectly.
Thank you once again as it really wouldnt have happened if it wasnt for you. Myself and the karma gods owe you big time ;)

Jamie

Back