RetroRoadRide Saturday 2nd June 2012

matthew71":118pjm69 said:
grumpycommuter":118pjm69 said:
Goldie":118pjm69 said:
Dmn, that sounds lovely. Ed, you've planned it so far in advance that it's even outside my missus's visits-to-IKEA/the-in-laws blast zone! Let me look into how easy it is to get down from Manchester with bike, but I'm game if I can manage that.

Atherstone has a small station which is only 2.5 pleasantish miles from the brewery, although it suffers from limited services. Nuneaton has a big un which is about 6 - 7 miles away and involves a 'lovely' hack across a poorly laid out town :roll: Hope this helps.

Karl

if anyone is comming by train and dose not want to ride to the brewery i could possibly offer a lift in my van, i live fairly close to the station. and am also trying to make the ride :D

you may, however, end up strangled in a local copse....depends on how mat's day is going.... :roll:

For those who are interested i did a reccy of the route on Saturday. I was out for 3 hours and 45 mins with about 15 to 20 mins stops, so approx 3.5 hours riding. Dont have a computer or any of that modern stuff but i reckon on 15mph average comfortably, so somewhere between 48 and 55 ish miles. Only a 2 Mars Bar job :LOL:

Sounds excellent and with less than two months to go I've updated the participant list, a baker's dozen of the good and the great.

I'm looking at this as Mountain Mayhem preperation. Need to practice my drinking beforehand.

I've got this on my list of 'possibles' so I may be there. Sounds like it will be good.

I'll confirm for definite nearer the day.

Excellent, a very tidy group is getting together - anyone care to share what they will be riding?

ededwards":6h109kab said:
Excellent, a very tidy group is getting together - anyone care to share what they will be riding?

Sorry Ed, I haven't got a tandem any more :roll: ;)

ededwards":1l5xxl2c said:

2003 us postal trek 5200 (living the fat lance dream!! :cool: )

Old Ned":343toqyj said:
ededwards":343toqyj said:

Sorry Ed, I haven't got a tandem any more :roll: ;)

:shock:

daj":343toqyj said:
2003 us postal trek 5200 (living the fat lance dream!! Cool )

you can go around twice then :LOL:

Did another reccy on Sunday with my boss on a slightly longer route....lots more lovely Leicestershire lanes but it took the route out to 5 hours with approx 45 minutes of stops. I checked on a Google pedometer site and it comes out at just under 60 miles. Does anyone have a preference for either the 50 or the 60? Both routes are a figure of 8 so people have the option to bugger off back to the pub / brewery at approx 20 - 25 miles :roll:

There is planned pub stop towards the end with beer and old skool style cake on offer...i'll stick a google style route map up here soon.

I'll be coming on this...twiddling all the way around.

Attachments

• IMGP2037.JPG
    IMGP2037.JPG
    217.9 KB · Views: 2,323
Back