Welton 15th April

Status
Not open for further replies.
AR-CoolC":32cinstx said:
Not sure I'll be able to make it now :(

We have a very busy Sunday with our daughter's dance school show dress rehersal.

With all the best will in the world this ride will carry on into the afternoon and it would cause friction at home if I was out past lunch, so I'll probably just do a local loop first thing on Sunday.

Never mind Al, next time you have a spare Sunday give me a shout, Ben and I are out most weekends so we will have a re run ;)

Just to add to Bens post above I am going to be at MrsB's woodland cafe at the Humber Bridge visitors car park at about 9.00am for breakfast.

For anyone going straight to Welton I am aiming to start the ride at 10.30am and should be there myself for around 10.00.

My aim was to stop at the pub in Brantingham after approx 11 miles but Ben has been to sample it and it seems to be quite expensive. The same village has a nice but very basic tea shop if everyone just fancies a cuppa and bring your own snacks? Anyway the choice is yours and if you want to eat in the pub there will plenty of time.

I'm back on Chris
banana.gif

My +1 is a maybe at the moment though.

I'm more a tea shop person rather than a full pub lunch as I'll be having a propper tea in the evening.

Nice one Al :D

Ben has done a recce a couple of days ago and says the route was riding very nicely. We have had just about every bit of weather possible yesterday and today including a bit of snow :shock: so prepare for some mud and bring a change of clothes for the journey home.

I won't be there for breakfast, but I'll be at Welton for 10am!

I'm looking forward to it. Not sure which bike I'll be on, probably the Butler.

kingoffootball":312hfhml said:
I won't be there for breakfast, but I'll be at Welton for 10am!

I'm looking forward to it. Not sure which bike I'll be on, probably the Butler.

Which ever you don't mind getting muddy, can lift over a few stiles (so not the Alaska ;))

Went out today and the trails are certainly softer, it is colder as well, and a quite a bit gooier in places so a tyre that will grip in top surface slipper mud and doesn't mind chalk underneath.
So no Mythos fronts on the back sort of thing.
It doesn't bulk up onto the bike just splatters everything in site, as it was very wet and watery. You will get wet and covered in mud. My washing machine is on over time, hope I can get the stuff dry.
While I'll not be using them , mud guards will make a more pleasant ride

I've just got the Lava Dome ready for tomorrow with its excellent mud clearance :roll:

Hi all

Look's like i'm in also !!

I just got the Orange Prestige re build finished :)

New cables, inners and outers, tyre swap, new headset, full strip and clean / re grease and chain serviced. Looks and rides a lot better now.

Expect me to stop every now and then to tune in the brakes and gears, new cables are not yet bedded in.

Still on for 10AM near the phone box?

Yes.
Bike is partially clean again and the cloths are drying which is a bit silly as they'll be wet again tomorrow if it's like today :LOL:

Anything anyone is after ?

Tebz, you just twiddle the barrel adjusters as you ride to tune them in no need to stop ;)

See you all at 10.00 ish in Welton then.

Unless any of you are joining me and Ben for breakfast that is.

If anyone wants my mobile no in case of getting lost etc drop me a pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back