2Souls Cycles Slim Jim (page 2 for current set-up)

clunker":3b9xkwsn said:
That's helping ;)
How did it ride?

need to bleed the rear brake and adjust seat and stem a bit, but felt pretty nimble in this set-up (mostly due to the 650B's) round the block this evening.
Will have the stem/bar and wheels ready in two weeks, will keep you guys updated

Now with 29" ZTR Flow rims and RR 2.4, looks better, not happy with stem, bar and forks yet, first run in Belgium this weekend in this set-up though

fff41dab.jpg

That looks great I like it a lot! The only thing I'd change would be to put the stem the other way around, take out some spacers if it makes the bars too high, it just looks wrong like it is in my opinion! :)

Looks Great!!!
I want this bike to drive by myself :eek: .
I'm agree with the stem, it looks strange. Specially with the gray spacers.
Twisting is giving a more clean look I think.
So the Drop-Out for Rohloff is arrived? The benefit now: you always can run with a deraillieur. The hanger is already installed. But...I don't think you do ;)

But how's the ride? Specially with the fork 2Souls said....DON'T DO IT!!
In june, they are coming with a rigid fork for their SlimJim an QH.

Best Regards,

Richard
www.ervehafietsen.nl

Just got back from a weekend in Houffalize, changed the stem to make you guys happy (and Yep, you were right ;) )
Bike handling was pretty good with this set-up for my my likings, it's a very agile 29er, climbs very good, quick on the technical singletracks and even managed some 4 foot drops on the downhills. Will most likely change to a 120mm suspension fork ........... wich will mean suspension for me for the first time in 25 years :shock: ........ but the 2souls rigid option sounds nice too as the Waltworks probably won't last too long :roll:
Overall a good first impession, stem bars and fork will be changed soon
here a pic with the stem turned

e7e3179b.jpg

@yo-eddy: wonderful seatpost, saddle and crank; I hope it´s o.k. for you to show some other pictures in your thread; please have a look: 140mm fork, shorter stem and a wide bar.

5833109936_3dbca20a3e_b.jpg

Martin @ work

6889520058_39a0f42fe6_b.jpg

Custom color

6814970990_0fbcaac56b_b.jpg

my own SlimJim (stem was to short, 50mm is much better, crank and seatpost were changed meanwhile)

Your fork is lovely, but a bit to short for this frame, I do think - our rigid fork prototype is more than 4cm longer

I hope, you will have a good time on the trails with our frame this summer!!!

m

Thanks for your advice (and joining on RetroBike :D )

I'm aware my current set-up is way too nervous for All Mountain use as the bike is intented for, but I wanted a CC/All mountain mix, a bike I can race on the local trails here in Holland but strong enough to play around on.When I'll change to a 120mm fork or a rigid equivalent the bike will still feel nimble but not as nervous as now ;)
Don't spend enough time in the Alps to justify any longer travel forks (mind that 120mm is a lot for me, coming from rigid :D )

Will keep an eye out for the 2souls rigid forks (510mm AtC?)

Cheers Roy

ps, will update with some action pics later

Back