AFAN Retrobike Ride - 23rd Feb !!

Just got in. Not bad, 3.5hrs....

Gus Gus disn't get us lost once. :D

Had a fat fest in BK in Neath before we left. And ALL the natives in there had mulletts!

Fantastic ride guys. Just sitting down to pizza and beer with Salvage and Klein Chris.

Superb ride. Thanks top all taht came and made it such a good day.

:D

Nice one GusGus, BK and Pizza! Proper larding it!

Deserved after the day we had though, great ride, but I haven't had my arms /hands/fingers and shoulders ache like that for years!
Also a great reminder that rim brakes on fast wet downhills makes things entertaining for sure :LOL:

Quote of the day has to be..
'I F&$%*£@ hate duckboard'
..closely followed by a trip to the reeds :LOL:

Lid":34ux9cwx said:
Found this for TinTin:

:shock: :LOL: :LOL:

In places it was just excellent. But then some was just like a BMX track just right for the 2007/08 bikes with their 6'' travel :twisted: Just pointless. Wales was just stunning in more ways than one ;)
It was good to see every body again. No new faces :(
The British cycling team team could do with smiling too. still saw what they had to ride. No wonder they look pissed off. :LOL:

A few rather poor pics here > http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/mai ... =x0511c0b4

If anyone has any betteer then post them here or send them via email.

The riding was great, despite what Tony says.

Highlights for me include

-Heathy making it count on the fox
-Wu's freeride ephinany
-Motorbike style spinning grips
-Tintins commentary on the trails and 'duckboard'
-Steve's Polo. And disc brakes.
-The rain
-Heathy making it count on the M4 :shock:

cheers to everyone who made it out on what was quite a wet day. Cheers also to Gump for organising.

hell, forgot about heathys sonic boom as he went past :shock:

Steves polo was just too cool really. 4hrs in it though, thats hardcore.

I thought the riding was great, but thats why we went :D

Looking at the pictures I've just seen why I have a blue magura on the front and a yellow on the rear which I bought off Tony :LOL:

Top day fellas yet again, despite the miserable weather. I'm really surprised i got down in 1 piece, given canti's are not made for that :shock: Thats some hardcore trail around there ;)

My fave bits....

Tintin rocking up with a rigid trimble and a 1.5 conti cross country tyre up front :?

Waiting for Gus Gus early on, only to find that he'd changed again then back :shock: He had a complete change of clothes in his pocket :roll:

Gus Gus faffing with his computer, making Klien mad chris stack it into a pool of water :LOL:

The looks on the faces of the "Free ride posse" :LOL:

Passing Tintin and hearing " I hate F£%*ing duck board, whats the fu*k&ng point" :LOL:

Steve's stripped out polo-ex rally car, awesome, just what you need after a battering like that.

Brilliant day chaps....until next time :D

looks like you all had a good time - wish i'd been feeling healthier cos i'd have loved to have come along. unfortunately i succumbed to the pub and the rugby (too ill to ride for 3 hours and too ill to drink a pint - not the same thing), had a few too many and broke a finger :(

Back