Other Retro stuff

Im into retro RC cars got so many bits in bags and half finished projects,im running out of cupboard spaces,this has to be my most fav tho,wanted one since i was 14 and my mates rich parents bought him one,anyway a lot of searching for parts and here she is as is today.

My 1985 Kyosho Optima Pro 4WD

Bit childish but i just love em

006.jpg

014.jpg

piy017.jpg

Here is some reto stuff I found in the shed.
Anyone who is into Tamiya rc cars have any idea what this lot might be worth as I am thinking of selling it.

Thanks in advance,
Ian. :D

Attachments

• DSCF1044.JPG
    DSCF1044.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 1,201
Loving the Optima.

Very cool. :cool:

As for the Tamiya stuff, They're a bit 'young' for me to know much about them, but most of the older Tamiya kits are well collected. What are the two in the centre at the front?- they look 'interesting' almost look like they could be competitive, which is odd for Tamiya. :shock: ;) .

The one on the front right is a Tamiya Hornet in need of some tlc
The front middle is a Tamiya Vanquish
The front left is also a Tamiya Vanquish chassis which I just used to rob spare parts from.
The 3 cars behind are all Tamiya Racing/Touring car chassis.
The toolbox trays are full of spare bits and bobs.

The 2 Vanquish part rollers are probably worth sticking on E-bay as they were one of the more desirable cars done by Tamiya,i still got one in the loft,N.I.B mwahahahahahahaha

I'd agree with that, and add that the Hornet has been re-issued so parts to get it up and running are available new (which it nice).

I've been watching ebay for tamiya stuff recently and an average condition car in working order seems to go for around 30 -40 quid if it is mint a bit more but then I saw someone selling good condition boomerang across about 10 auctions - gearboxs chassis etc and he got about 10 to 15 quid per auction.

Back