On one

you're au fait with the stop screws obviously? what spacers are fitted between the BB cups and frame? just wondering if you're running some weird chainline ????

messed about with the stop screws for ages before i took into the shop,
don't think i fit any spacers on the bb :oops:
i'll have a shufty in a minute

sausagefingers":19bbts24 said:
thanks for the help,much appreciated

to clarify, if you have a 68mm shell with an SLX HT2 crankset you'll need 7.5mm worth of spacers between the cups and the frame... the standard size for the spacers (ie what Shimano supply) is 2.5mm, but you can buy 1.0mm and 1.5mm to allow you to fine tune the chainline - just make sure you stick 7.5mm in total. I've bought a couple of the narrow ones so I can move my entire chainset out by 1.0 or 1.5mm to give me a bit more chainstay clearance for the rings. The narrow spacers would also be very useful if you want to run a double & bash set up (aka 2x9) using a your SLX cranks and eg 22/36 rings with a bash in place of the outer ring.

I would have thought not having the spacers would give you more serious problems than just affecting your front mech tho :? :)

i have some spacers in my bits box,i'll have a rummage tonight and take it out again tomorrow.i'll let you know how i get on

thanks again

ps i'm fairly sure there are spacers in my box as i didn't fit them on my orange 5,and yes the gears are shocking on that too.i really should be banned from this place,i'm bloody clueless :oops:

NAILTRAIL96":1o8325zq said:
I'm toying with going a bit more modern and was looking at building up an On one frame.
As they didn't exsist when I was last a serious rider I know nothing about them other than I've never actaully seen one in the real world.
Whats the general concensus on these?

I had a toss up between a £480 cotic Soul or a £150 On One and spent weeks reading reviews, decided on the On One in the end.

Cheap as chips, they ride well, and re-sale value seems very good.

So what's the worse that can happen?

sausagefingers":2uqrxee5 said:
i have some spacers in my bits box,i'll have a rummage tonight and take it out again tomorrow.i'll let you know how i get on

thanks again

ps i'm fairly sure there are spacers in my box as i didn't fit them on my orange 5,and yes the gears are shocking on that too.i really should be banned from this place,i'm bloody clueless :oops:

easily done if you were weaned on pre-external BBs like the rest of us

Im not being an arse but i didn't get on with mine had a DN6 horizontal drop out inbred in the red metalic colour only lost £20 when i sold it as i only kept it a month but really didn't enjoy riding it it was dead no springy feel what so ever so every little rooty section or lump and bump on the trail felt harsh but for the price there ok for people getting into biking wanting something steel on a budget

My two pence ;) :D

Back