A bit of neon from Japan, the Kuwahara project...

Herbold's Miyata had a pump fitted there too, for in case he would have a flat during a downhill run :!:

RidgeRunner.jpg

With Miyata the bit was brazed on, like this, or intergrated in the monostay, like this.

Nader":1jv0w16t said:
..no idea how I should build it? I can't find any data in any catalog for this Kuwahara. It's from the beginning of 92 and the first aluminum frame by Kuwahara.

..well as always, the color of Mag does not quite fit.
kuw09.jpg

i think that's just astonishing! it's like a 90's Fox on a very severe "trip" ;)

as it's '92 and japanese and the frame does it ALL!!!!

XC Pro MD throughout (or XC Comp as close as it gets)

if you really wanted to shock-clash go for the champagne anno (not the silver)

that'd be crazy man like...

Attachments

• Dylan.jpg
    Dylan.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 1,250
Elev12k":3ihpzwtc said:
Herbold's Miyata had a pump fitted there too, for in case he would have a flat during a downhill run :!:
thanks for the info ;)

Archemist":3ihpzwtc said:
XC Pro MD throughout (or XC Comp as close as it gets)
oh ye exactly, I also thought of black XC Pro .. but unfortunately I haven't a single part of suntour stuff. :(
First I must look how I get in a 1 inch fork in a 1 1/8 inch steerer! ..but I've here a special reducer headset. :LOL: :LOL:

Nader":1nekxspy said:
"portage strap" ..oh yes, that's right (I've learned something ;))

Kuwahara is already full of details! integrated seat clamp, the special cable routing, or this (what is it? :?)

kuw08.jpg

..no idea how I should build it? I can't find any data in any catalog for this Kuwahara. It's from the beginning of 92 and the first aluminum frame by Kuwahara.

..well as always, the color of Mag does not quite fit.
kuw09.jpg

What does it weigh? Looks like it's floating!

Tc

Cool bike - I thnk the forks match in a crazy kind of way - you can get a new crown for them on here/ebay easy enough.

That clamp looks like a an Mt Zefal pump holder - is a kind of plastic jubilee clip design - I'd remove it - stupid place to put a pump unless you ride in dusty conditions (mud trap).

I'd build it with full Deore XT with as may black parts (brakes/cranks/hubs etc) as you can find and black anno rims with some nice skinwall tyres :D

Looking forward to your build :D

tintin40":2sfsmr78 said:
Raging_Bulls":2sfsmr78 said:
Nader":2sfsmr78 said:
what would you do with these beautiful pieces?

Well ... the first thing I'd do with them involves some paint.

:LOL:

thinking the same :LOL:
I may spray a bit of purple on it (but I can't colour transitions as well) ;)

Tc":2sfsmr78 said:
What does it weigh? Looks like it's floating!
I have not weighed it but it is extremely light (should not be confused with steel kuwahara)

asa572":2sfsmr78 said:
Is that a crack??
no there is no crack
crk1.jpg

crk2.jpg

The last owner said, the seat tube is 27.2, but my XT 27.2 seatpost doesn't fit. :?

nevadasmith":2sfsmr78 said:
I'd build it with full Deore XT with as may black parts (brakes/cranks/hubs etc) as you can find and black anno rims with some nice skinwall tyres :D

is also good idea! with black xt 730/732 hubs and panaracer or ritchey skinwalls
(but perhaps now is the time for anything else! suntour, campa or mavic)

some more pics ...

kuw10.jpg

kuw11.jpg

kuw12.jpg

kuw13.jpg

kuw14.jpg

kuw15.jpg

kuw16.jpg

@TC
no floating! :LOL: :LOL:

kuw17.jpg

Back