On one

coomber":1id9s935 said:
Dead Rats":1id9s935 said:
excellent apart from chainsuck, good value for money, handles well

that's my 10 word 853 Inbred review :LOL:

Chainsuck? What are the issues with it? Or just on your recent purchase?

On mine, and on many others especially I think the 853 geared and some of the cromo (DN6 is it?) Inbreds with (too) little chainstay clearance. Not a problem really - though previous damage was very evident on the frame when I bought it - as I think I can fine tune the chainline out to the right by 1 or 1.5mm, I've made a heavy duty chainstay protector and am looking into anti-chainsuck devices as a last resort.

Neg over, I love mine... read up a lot in terms of travel/stem set-up (along with snapped chainstays and praise/diss for Brant) and felt at home on it straight away :D and it's a really nice colour!

shedobits":31q27vbl said:
On-One were selling 456's for £99 recently. Not shure how chain suck can be caused by the frame, I always thought it was a drive chain issue though?

it is really but there's loads about this on STW forum, Inbreds do seem to be very prone as the lack of chainring clearance would seem to exacerbate any chainsuck

I never ever had it on any other bike I've owned and ridden regularly, and I got it on the Inbred within 10 minutes of first ride.

just a quick question - what front mech are people fitting to these?
i fit an old xt m750 and i'm struggling to get the front rings shifting right,i took it into the lbs and they told me the front mech was wrong and i should contact on one to find out the correct mech :?
i thought a front mech was a front mech,is he talking cobblers??

I'm running an DN6 inbred as my winter/avoid trashing the nice old bikes bike - horizontal dropouts with gears and rear disk calliper mount inside the rear triangle.

Mid build picture here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=167852&highlight=inbred

Not had any chain suck in the 500km or so it's done (mud, snow, and fairer conditions) - built up with shiny new 2012 Deore 3x10 if that makes a difference.

sausagefingers":37bpr9yn said:
just a quick question - what front mech are people fitting to these?
i fit an old xt m750 and i'm struggling to get the front rings shifting right,i took it into the lbs and they told me the front mech was wrong and i should contact on one to find out the correct mech :?
i thought a front mech was a front mech,is he talking cobblers??

I'm running a bottom swing top pull m750 on mine and it's fine, what did LBS fella suggest?

TedC":2thm1e5x said:
Not had any chain suck in the 500km or so it's done (mud, snow, and fairer conditions) - built up with shiny new 2012 Deore 3x10 if that makes a difference.

how's the chainring clearance? as in, is there more than mine! :LOL:

Dead Rats":2nkc5tmy said:
TedC":2nkc5tmy said:

how's the chainring clearance? as in, is there more than mine! :LOL:

Have to go look at the weekend - only pictures I have are full of snow. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0964_edited-2.jpg
    IMG_0964_edited-2.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 446
righto,i've had a look and it appears to be top pull/top swing i think

DSCN1804.jpg

DSCN1802.jpg

DSCN1805.jpg

DSCN1800.jpg

it either moves over from middle to small or middle to big ring but won't do all 3.took it from my santa cruz where it worked no problem,fit it to this frame with a shim and it's not having any of it
any ideas please before the bike shop talk me into buying a new mech :?

Latest posts

Back