Who'll be doing the HONC this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
just got in from bit of a Reece drive around in the car with the mrs been quite exciting with the os map, The route is all marked up and ready for 1100 riders :cool: . Everything we found was the usual nice open rolling country bridleways and trails.

Quite surprised but shouldnt be really considering the rain we have had but everywhere is VERY wet and muddy, The car is showered in mud from just going up one of the farm tracks :shock:

Obviously I have only covered a small area of the route Naunton, Guiting power, Hidcote , snowshill etc , its begging to be ridden cross what I have seen :twisted:

DSC01012.jpg

DSC01011.jpg

DSC01010.jpg

DSC01009.jpg

DSC01008.jpg

Nice pics. I love HONC when its cold wet and windy. Its the best.
:twisted:

I have the Conti CrossCountry's fitted ready... it gets well claggy and draggy in places. And new brake pads on.

theredchili":f2tpceuk said:
ededwards":f2tpceuk said:
Steady and persistant rain here - cross bike or ss?

Mmmmm , think the rain has made my descision , and going 50k single speed

Actually I can't decide on a bike to take , may take a geared and SS and choose when I get there :twisted:

daj":38103mhj said:
just got in from bit of a Reece drive around in the car with the mrs been quite exciting with the os map, The route is all marked up and ready for 1100 riders :cool: . Everything we found was the usual nice open rolling country bridleways and trails.

Quite surprised but shouldnt be really considering the rain we have had but everywhere is VERY wet and muddy, The car is showered in mud from just going up one of the farm tracks :shock:

Obviously I have only covered a small area of the route Naunton, Guiting power, Hidcote , snowshill etc , its begging to be ridden cross what I have seen :twisted:

DSC01012.jpg

DSC01011.jpg

DSC01010.jpg

DSC01009.jpg

DSC01008.jpg
I might come and have a watch for a while.

Any good fords/ interesting bits where i can watch Dave?

No rain today , just grey with little wind. steady 9 degrees with no rain forecast now to after the event.

HONC day is looking good weather wise, Cold start with sunshine forecast from dawn to late afternoon with Max temperature around 10 :cool:

@Mark. The route goes through Sudeley Castle at the start so that should be good to see , Or the cake/food stop is at guiting power (can have a catch up then). With an os map you can actually find quite a bit of it like we did the other night. I can forward to route onto you want to have a look at it?

daj":2swpnr13 said:
No rain today , just grey with little wind. steady 9 degrees with no rain forecast now to after the event.

HONC day is looking good weather wise, Cold start with sunshine forecast from dawn to late afternoon with Max temperature around 10 :cool:

@Mark. The route goes through Sudeley Castle at the start so that should be good to see , Or the cake/food stop is at guiting power (can have a catch up then). With an os map you can actually find quite a bit of it like we did the other night. I can forward to route onto you want to have a look at it?

Yes please

Think the route will be waymarked again this year, seemed to be signs when I was out on the bike that way Sunday.

It's gonna be wet and sticky. Rode over Cleeve Common a week ago and my EC90SL fork got totally jammed. Got some 1.7 zmaxs I'm going to pop on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back