Welton 15th April

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant it is a totally great worthwhile ride

It is a totally great worthwhile ride, when you think over the great downhills, and what else you rode over.

A few questions:

Qi). WHAT IS THE START TIME approx?

Qii). WHAT IS THE projected FINISH TIME approx?

Qiii). Is the projected FINISH, also the same place as the START?

Also I was talking from a perspective of a self proclaimed has been, of midgetesque statue, and totally un-fit at present. But my very much lighter bike (Giant TranceX 1) is helping immensely, at the moment. Also I meant much taller people such as Fluffy Chicken (Ben), have a faster pace, longer legs, more torque, etc.

kingoffootball":1325mjmi said:
I'm almost definitely in.

I really need to get some studying done, but I should get plenty done on Saturday, so long as I don't get drunk Friday night.

I might see if I can get the 1992 Karakoram in a rideable state and bring that.

Missed this, excellent. What's his name coming (I forgotten :oops: ), but full battery in the camera this time ?

Anyone prodded spudly as well ?

FluffyChicken":1nh4mjj1 said:
Missed this, excellent. What's his name coming (I forgotten :oops: ), but full battery in the camera this time ?

Anyone prodded spudly as well ?

I texted Spud, but haven't heard either way.

I've asked Jamie, but didn't get an answer, so I'll hasle him right now. He'll be on his 29er if he comes because the Butler is in pieces, like 50% of my bikes!

Does anyone other than me and probably Ben want to meet up for breakfast at 9.00 at the Humber Bridge cafe?

Cheeky meff! I'll be on my Scandal as mentioned above. It's that or scrape a dismantled Claud B frame around the trails! I'll be at the back, huffing and grunting like an unfit mofo, so if anyone's worried about the pace you can join me there.

Is anyone bringing any bits and bobs to sell?

I have a mint 17" Diamondback to move on if anyone is interested in having a look on Sunday?

titch__16":3u2777te said:
For people not there for breakfast, when and where is the meeting point?

It's on the first post but

HU15 1PE called Dale Road, Welton.

Humber Bridge Car park is a few mins drive from there

It was 10 o'clock to start the ride at 10:30

10:30 is probably flexible, so give Chrisv40 a ring/text if you're late/not coming.

If you come in off the A63 you will go through Welton with a small pond stream on the left and come to this interesting junction.
http://g.co/maps/j95rm
I've pointed out the White Phone box (the colour in our area) just go past that and find a place to park. You'll probably see us or we'll be on the grass bit in the middle of the picture.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 296
Not sure I'll be able to make it now :(

We have a very busy Sunday with our daughter's dance school show dress rehersal.

With all the best will in the world this ride will carry on into the afternoon and it would cause friction at home if I was out past lunch, so I'll probably just do a local loop first thing on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back