Surly Moonlander

ordered a hope QR seat binder as its easier than fishing around to grab the allen keys out each time i want to adjust the saddle on the moony....

nice red one to match the red BB i got recently.

de004d8b.jpg

33384fec.jpg

over 420 miles covered now, still going well, bar a self adhesive puncture repair patch came loose, letting air out from an old hole.....so replaced the patches today with proper glue ones.

I suffered irony overload when I found Wilko's 90p puncture kit was way better and had more patches than the pathetic £4 Park Tools self adhesive ones.

i have been using slime patches, but for some reason the ups and downs with fatbike tubes cause them to wrinkle and peel off.

im going to stick some slime sealant or stans into the tires next, its a ball ache repairing punctures in the field!

I have this to crack on with this week....

afac886c.jpg

Going to inject 100-120ml per tube, rather than go tubeless, less hassle and seeing as the tires are often swapped around and pressures played with I'd rather try the tubes first, plus there £11 each rather than £90 each for tires!

Also enjoyed my longest ever ride on the moonlander on Sunday....43miles and pretty much all road bar the cycle network paths. Bike was awesome, the most comfortable of the 6 bikes that day and I was the freshest by far, I was impressed by the BFL tires pumped to 12psi.

f39c91a8.jpg

Enjoyed a nice couple of short rides today after resting the bike for a week, nice to get out on the coast as the last 300+ miles have been on the roads and cycle paths.

48e41ef8.jpg

d5400f26.jpg

d5ae998b.jpg

bb51475c.jpg

b6456c40.jpg

Tide has eroded the grass quite badly since I last visited....

29f73f6d.jpg

4c95fc63.jpg

Little map of last ride...32 mins long but perfect before supper.

54c64ec9.jpg

Bikes been great, really enjoying fat times!

Stans no tube is a godsend, first ride after sticking it in the tubes, i found a thorn in the tire!......no loss of air though, so business as usual.

:D I do yeah!

I was trying to show the bow wave coming off the front tire as it rolled through a flooded patch, all my pics are from a mobile phone so I can't get widescreen shots.

saltyman":3hwcf9c2 said:
:D I do yeah!

I was trying to show the bow wave coming off the front tire as it rolled through a flooded patch, all my pics are from a mobile phone so I can't get widescreen shots.

Even better if it's from a mobile :shock: It gives a real impression of movement... :cool:

Dodged the rain clouds today, means I had to make the short drive over to roanhead beach, had the place to myself as usual!

435dd016.jpg

342fb7d1.jpg

9af79e2f.jpg

4ba3ff48.jpg

2f2b0fc6.jpg

e4566b83.jpg

f67326fd.jpg

f86b0eac.jpg

a21ebacd.jpg

Just short of 5 miles in 38 mins, better than sat at home watching rain!

96927ac5.jpg

Wht a beautiful part of the world- and good on you for getting out and enjoying it. I'm a bit jealous! my back is knackered and I can't do bike riding (or anything else) for a little while. :(

Back