TRICKS, VERTS & DOWNHILLS that are plausible, ADD YOURS

SPADES & conservationists, ETC

delihustler":2h8xjb62 said:

HULL really needs a trail like this, would need something like PORC (MTB park somewhere in UK), but free entrance. Ian Howden used to work at PORC, AFTER he worked at Ellerkers, he said they used industrial diggers at PORC to dig/build up existing terrain to make trails and jumps, and things.

Mod an existing trail locally though, but of course on BRIDLEWAYS & FOOTPATHS dogs & walkers are always getting in the way, of course as a responsible adult, I don’t aggravate them, even though they are spoiling my fun.

Guess they would say we’re MTBers are harming the countryside.
That’s nonsense, MTBers hardly leave any impact on terrain.
Motocrossers and Quads wreck the trail.

Still environmentalists, conservationists, ecologists, walkers and dog walkers, probably think MTBers roam the ‘countryside making new trails’. I don't know, these, save the birds, people.

Has anybody ever ventured into the countryside with SPADES, and gallons of water to soften local terrain, dig up the earth and PAT it into JUMPS and things?

I have never ever taken a SPADE to the countryside to 'carve up' some new trails.

Q. Does anybody actually do this?

As a person who has done alot of gardening, even levelling out soil with a cultivators seems to take forever. And digging up soil after moistening it, then mounding it up, and patting it down, is even more incredibly time consuming, with just a 'SPADE'. Imagine toiling away for a months worth of hours making a trail with a spade, well without industrial diggers you'll get nowhere!

With this in mind, I have to admire Hull's 'KING GEORGE V DIRTPARK'. They must have toiled for many hours with industrial diggers mounding up moist loose soil, and patting it down really hard, then leaving it for a few weeks to dry off, then see if they're decent jumps, or not.
y1p693HCGtia6_VjSnSY-b8Ti2L9sEY0YYtDwAHJ_Xa0_02lVOIYnjoUFv1KBPB.jpg

Where is KING GEORGE V DIRTPARK? Have a look a www.srands.co.uk/map the key is at the bottom of the map.

KING GEORGE V DIRTPARK is in KING GEORGE PLAYING FIELDS, Northgate, Cottingham. I believe was designed by 1 of the local bike shops Cottingham Cycles.
DSC00465.JPG

It is too short for MTB's, it's not a descent, but you can ride it on a MTB, either way round:
DSC00471.JPG

BARTON QUARRY?

FluffyChicken":sx2jfggq said:
Steph you got a vid of you going down the bigger slope to the left of you in the video. The tops are a bit tame now, but the bottom is worse.
Wouldn't do the longer one myself any more, the old bike had enough of it BiTD. It's all ripped up, the track that is

I took a few of the others retroriders around that.

You can ride motocross in there with the Farmers permission, the furthest quarry of the three, taken by the police, probably has the fines, that and a shot in your head ;)

--
That twisty technical woody downhill looks fun, and I know exactly how Andy would end up going down that ;) He'd be planted upside down in the tree, after laughing at me in the tree he just passed.

Hi Ben. Are you speaking about BARTON QUARRY (SEE MAP TO BARTON QUARRY)?. These are the directions I use: www.stephanrands.karoo.net/mtb_routes_h ... ear_QUARRY

The big downhills right at the top of the 1st quarry, I ride the centre 1, the others on the far left or right, are too dangerous.
I did make a 3 combo BARTON QUARRY DH VIDEO of ME.

The 1st DH, is 1st quarry, at the top in the middle, the 2nd & 3rd DH is 2nd quarry is 1st quarry at the bottom, in wooded area just here to the right:
BTM_ENTRANCEto1STQUARRY.JPG

Alot of fun when smooth and dry, along as not too loose. And of course riding across the Humber Bridge on a MTB, is free, hooray! :D

@ Srands, I've never modifed trails out in the wild, apart from maybe clearing foliage, but I have built a couple of small jumps in fields, even a small <1ft set of doubles took me a day!

Something like that track in France with all the hairpins would have been an awful lot of work, as you say, machines were more than likely used!

Re: TRICKS, VERTS &amp; DOWNHILLS that are plausible, ADD YO

srands":2xymqvxq said:
IX is roman numerals = 7 (i.e. 5+7=12v mobile phones or camcorder to capture real life, and also may take several goes/clips for the best focus/shot/smooth looking trick/ride)
5x7=35
5+7=12 (BLADE story, the prophecy La Magra ~ The Spirits of the Twelve, the Blood God, etc)
35-12=23 (Common wipe BLADE size, to cut down, hence THE BLADE FILMS!)

35+12+57=104 (THE FIFTH ELEMENT, whatever follows, eg
1=person. 04=corners such as LATITUDE and LONGITUDE, etc)

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this. :shock: IX in roman numerals is 9 so the subsequent numerologisms are just nonsense unlike the rest of the post

Noticed

Noticed, that did you. Anyway why say it in anything other, then english? Because 1, 2 3 sounds childish?

1 I
2 II
3 III
4 IV
5 V
6 VI
7 VII
8 VIII
9 IX
10 X
11 XI
12 XII