Bike rage in New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an aside I find a quick release seatpost makes a handy imromptu weapon for beating other riders to death on the trail.

Also a small fold up shovel can be carried in a rucksack for burying the body in a shallow grave..... :twisted:

Russell":2jyasif6 said:
thecannibal":2jyasif6 said:
Groundoggy":2jyasif6 said:
It shouldn't have diverged into personal attacks.

There were generalized attacks all along the thread but none of us should have taken it to a personal level and I hole no ongoing grudge with anyone I have conversed with in this or other threads. Apologies for taking it to a personal level.

It's worrying that you can so easily get riled up enough to start making such angry and extreme personal attacks. I hope you aren't this agro all the time! I'm not a liberal, btw, or any of the other things you assume. Think before you type!

The guys apologising for letting it get personal, maybe you should do the same and let it lie?

I made a little dig about him and others being weirdly biased and angry about this. I didn't talk about his family raping him/being gang-raped. I don't think I really need to apologise tbh.

insults / antagonism

in go pro's case it is more correctly antagonism.

don't poke the bear with a stick.

trail etiquette also includes not riding a public trail as if you own it or deserve to be given free passage on it for any reason.

being an adult also extends to sorting out problems on the spot, not taking candid photos with you phone and video camera and then running off to the internet.

merckx":1656z1c0 said:
being an adult also extends to sorting out problems on the spot, not taking candid photos with you phone and video camera and then running off to the internet.

Totally with you there. Sticking a camera in someone's face as if it automatically conveys you moral superiority and imperviousness to physical attack is unfortunately increasingly popular. People should stand up for themselves and others, not just play amateur evidence-gatherers as all about them goes to shit.

Russell":22rnpi24 said:
The guys apologising for letting it get personal, maybe you should do the same and let it lie?

vic-reeves-big-night-out-20090610150831_625x352.jpg

Oh but they couldn't let it lie.

well, i'm heading out for a morning roll before work. if i see any fellas wearing old school stripey rock shox jerseys.....i will stay clear :D

merckx":2pcpol4r said:
well, i'm heading out for a morning roll before work. if i see any fellas wearing old school stripey rock shox jerseys.....i will stay clear :D

Just stay away from retrobikers in general; they are DANGEROUS.

thecannibal":2fdh5z34 said:
I made a little dig about him and others being weirdly biased.

Why is it you can't fathom someone from the other side of the world with a different upbringing would have views on personal defense that just may be different than yours?

Where I come from if you act like camera guy you get popped in the nose, and the US is markedly more-so than here. Hell, part and parcel of the play in our national sport consists of whacking each other with sticks, then we went and invented another sport that we could whack each other with sticks during the winter when we weren't playing our national sport (Lacrosse and Hockey, by the way).

FMJ":8jla3u2t said:
thecannibal":8jla3u2t said:
I made a little dig about him and others being weirdly biased.

Why is it you can't fathom someone from the other side of the world with a different upbringing would have views on personal defense that just may be different than yours?

Where I come from if you act like camera guy you get popped in the nose, and the US is markedly more-so than here. Hell, part and parcel of the play in our national sport consists of whacking each other with sticks, then we went and invented another sport that we could whack each other with sticks during the winter when we weren't playing our national sport (Lacrosse and Hockey, by the way).

You're right: we're pussies in England. To think, we don't even bother to punch people when they ask if they can squeeze passed us on the trail!

I don't think this is really about cultural differences - the weird bias I was referring to is that people have completely misrepresented the very visible facts of the video to fit their own agendas.

FMJ":9cnesg04 said:

Just a quick question... Why did you use the word defense? Was Mr. Fat defending himself? If so what from? Whining?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back