Bike rage in New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.
thecannibal":1z5wsx57 said:
Groundoggy":1z5wsx57 said:
Just because you think the guy who took a swing may have been justified does not mean you have issued any threats at anyone. Time for the 'never a time for violence' crowd to stop getting so offended that others may disagree.

I'm not threatened by those who think violence is never justified or those who want the police involved. You have an opinion. I disagree.

Being an ass precipitated a punch in the face. A punch in the face precipitated a visit from the police. One action leads to the other. No need to get your lycra in a wad over somebody having a different OPINION than you.

Were you bullied in school by any chance? You, and several others, appear to be expressing your own feelings through misrepresenting this event to fit your own frustrations and hang-ups. The camera guy was really quite courteous and patient considering he was rudely blanked and then physically intimidated by rockshox dude. Wanting to pass someone who's riding significantly slower than you on a trail with loads of easy passing spots is not unreasonable. Is it that you bear personal resentment because you get passed a lot?

I'd buy you a drink for that one reply alone! :cool:

Groundoggy":2k3l0eus said:
thecannibal":2k3l0eus said:
Groundoggy":2k3l0eus said:
Just because you think the guy who took a swing may have been justified does not mean you have issued any threats at anyone. Time for the 'never a time for violence' crowd to stop getting so offended that others may disagree.

I'm not threatened by those who think violence is never justified or those who want the police involved. You have an opinion. I disagree.

Being an ass precipitated a punch in the face. A punch in the face precipitated a visit from the police. One action leads to the other. No need to get your lycra in a wad over somebody having a different OPINION than you.

Were you bullied in school by any chance? You, and several others, appear to be expressing your own feelings through misrepresenting this event to fit your own frustrations and hang-ups. The camera guy was really quite courteous and patient considering he was rudely blanked and then physically intimidated by rockshox dude. Wanting to pass someone who's riding significantly slower than you on a trail with loads of easy passing spots is not unreasonable. Is it that you bear personal resentment because you get passed a lot?

Not at all. Pretty typical middle of the roader here.

It's just a fact of life from how I grew up. You run your mouth at somebody and you might get punched in the mouth. What sort of over protective childhood did you have? Did you ever get spanked or are you part of the 'time out' generation?

I'm not lecturing those who are shocked this whiny little bitch got punched. Why do you feel compelled to lecture those who disagree with you?

Let's get into the analysis of what sort of whiny little prick would support another whiny little prick shall we? Maybe daddy molested you? Maybe your sister was gang banged by the Rock Shox cycling team. Do you really think it is wise to turn this into a personal insult fest? Is that where the 'no violence' crowd wants to take this?

Wow. Charming. Did I say I was a pacifist? Don't think so. In my book, asking to pass someone on a mountain bike trail doesn't deserve a smack. Do you find yourself riding on your own a lot?

thecannibal":2krq11y6 said:
Groundoggy":2krq11y6 said:
thecannibal":2krq11y6 said:
Groundoggy":2krq11y6 said:

It's just a fact of life from how I grew up. You run your mouth at somebody and you might get punched in the mouth. What sort of over protective childhood did you have? Did you ever get spanked or are you part of the 'time out' generation?

I'm not lecturing those who are shocked this whiny little bitch got punched. Why do you feel compelled to lecture those who disagree with you?

Let's get into the analysis of what sort of whiny little prick would support another whiny little prick shall we? Maybe daddy molested you? Maybe your sister was gang banged by the Rock Shox cycling team. Do you really think it is wise to turn this into a personal insult fest? Is that where the 'no violence' crowd wants to take this?

Wow. Charming. Did I say I was a pacifist? Don't think so. In my book, asking to pass someone on a mountain bike trail doesn't deserve a smack. Do you find yourself riding on your own a lot?

Was there a NEED for you to turn it into a personal attack? No. YOU did. I return the favor and now you got your butt hurt?

Did you even watch the video? The guy DID let him pass (only to get his foot run over) and then the guy decides to get right back on his wheel and start whining again.

I'm just saying I'm not surprised the guy punched him. Not saying I would have acted the same. Never once said a slower rider shouldn't yield. Yet still you weenies feel compelled to single people out, LECTURE THEM and personally insult them.

Then when they respond you act surprised? Are you really that dense?

Groundoggy":22i9zjfc said:
thecannibal":22i9zjfc said:
Groundoggy":22i9zjfc said:

I'm afraid you lost that argument the second you touched your keyboard before engaging what minor intellect you may actually possess; and probably succeeded in getting a hitherto interesting thread locked to the rest of us... :roll:

highlandsflyer":2ub0gy9b said:
The defence would claim Cam Boy's remark (threat!) in the context of causing fear in Mr. Fat, and argue that Fat's subsequent actions were a direct response to that fear, for which he could not be expected to take full responsibility. If you like, Mr. Fat's actions will be seen as 'heat of the previous moment'.
Well you can keep maintaining that if you like - but 2 things:-

1. This is in New Zealand - so either nuances of either the english or scottish legal system and / or court techniques may not be that representative
2. The english judicial system has roundly denied justification for that sort of behaviour, when it involved, say, pursuing somebody (eg burglar chased and beaten, burglar shot as he was running away) - or in this example, somebody turning around after a bit of whiny mithering from camera guy

It's one thing to suggest fear might make somebody lash out in defence, but not turn around walk up to somebody, and go for them - that just wouldn't fly, not when currently only faced with some annoying comments - all other things being equal, it simply wouldn't work.

Any connection with some comments about collisions on the track, made some minutes earlier, are hardly going to be decent mitigation, provocation, or a consideration of fear for somebody as a direct response, when it happened some minutes before, and the only thing he was responding to at that point was a bit of self-righteous waffle that camera guy should have let go, if his only defence was to rely on some camera strapped to his head.

I'm not here defending camera guy, per se, nor am I totally castigating Mr Rock Shox - I'm just saying provocation, or heat of the moment based on some comments out on the track, won't work for mitigation for stopping, turning around, walking back to Mr Irritating, and whatever physical contact happened next.

Such violence couldn't get justified as heat of the moment from some earlier moment - that danger (if there was any...) had passed, there was no immediate threat, and heat of the moment won't get tolerated if all he was having to tolerate was some whiny complaints from a guy who he had to STOP, TURN AROUND AND WALK BACK TO in order to have any further physical contact.

Because his behaviour does not suggest fear - because he walked back to camera guy, it suggests anger.

Groundoggy":3l0vetas said:
thecannibal":3l0vetas said:
thecannibal":3l0vetas said:

Was there a NEED for you to turn it into a personal attack? No. YOU did. I return the favor and now you got your butt hurt?

Did you even watch the video? The guy DID let him pass (only to get his foot run over) and then the guy decides to get right back on his wheel and start whining again.

I'm just saying I'm not surprised the guy punched him. Not saying I would have acted the same. Never once said a slower rider shouldn't yield. Yet still you weenies feel compelled to single people out, LECTURE THEM and personally insult them.

Go on, call me a no-good liberal hippie Democrat. You're a pistol, you're really funny. You're really funny. (I don't mean like a clown, honest.)

We_are_Stevo":irv0nrfs said:
Groundoggy":irv0nrfs said:
thecannibal":irv0nrfs said:
Groundoggy":irv0nrfs said:

I'm afraid you lost that argument the second you touched your keyboard before engaging what minor intellect you may actually possess; and probably succeeded in getting a hitherto interesting thread locked to the rest of us... :roll:

Once again the weenie crowd resorts to a personal attack but gets SO OFFENDED when somebody decides they need a good pop in the mouth.

Sure wouldn't want any of you neutered lot dating my daughter. Hell a dyke would have more balls.

Jeez, this one got out of hand.... Surprised it got to page 6 tbh
What utter drivel!

Grow up kids

G

thecannibal":1ipkf2sz said:
Groundoggy":1ipkf2sz said:

Go on, call me a no-good liberal hippie Democrat. You're a pistol, you're really funny. You're really funny. (I don't mean like a clown, honest.)

I don't have to state the obvious. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back