West Midlands riders say hello

Hi,

I figured I should introduce myself as I'm about to crash one of your retro rides on Saturday! My name is Mark, & I've been riding MTBs since the mid-90's. These days I ride and race almost exclusively singlespeed off-road. My main ride is a custom titanium 29er, usually run with rigid forks & designed as both a fast endurance race bike and for multi-day bikepacking trips & racing. I do also have a bouncy geared Santa Cruz LT carbon, but it's gathering dust & I should probably sell it off as it just doesn't get ridden. Oh, and a 1996 Giant ATX990, but that's dead now :-(

I've also got a couple of geared road bikes, a 1998 Giant TCR2 and a 2011 Cannondale Supersix Himod.

I live in a small village just outside Burford, though we've been here less than a year and I'm yet to explore much of the local trails (are there any?!). Most of my off-road riding is done on the Chilterns and in Wales these days, and road riding around the Cotswolds.

I've had an interest in older bikes for a while but only recently taken the plunge & am in the process of buying a couple from members on here.

Oh, and I have a blog where I waffle about bikes & stuff... http://pedalhead.net

they found me...
they_found_me.jpg

and at the HONC this year...
honc2012.jpg

Hi Mark
Am further North than you in the Midlands, but just started looking into Bikepacking...used to Camp (& not in a Julian Clairy kinda way!!) & walk years ago with the School & Scouts (inviting more banter...). Been reading a few sites & am looking into getting a 29er for this & some gear...I'll probably pick your brains for info if I may at times...
I keep meaning to get out on the Nationals or West Mid rides, so maybe I'll catch you at some point.
Andy

Hi all,

Just started my journey into the retro world, I've got some kit so far and an old GT Tequesta in the garage - needs new tyres(well, old ones for that matter) and I can't wait to join you on one of the rides soon. I should be able to upload some pics soon, just need a sunny day(that means next year perhaps?) to capture the beauty of my steed.

All the best and happy trails!

t

kazafaza":187st9qm said:
Hi all,

Just started my journey into the retro world, I've got some kit so far and an old GT Tequesta in the garage - needs new tyres(well, old ones for that matter) and I can't wait to join you on one of the rides soon. I should be able to upload some pics soon, just need a sunny day(that means next year perhaps?) to capture the beauty of my steed.

All the best and happy trails!

t

Welcome!!

Hope to see you soon , we are a friendly bunch so don't be shy

Cheers

Daj

I'm Rob i live in Kingsbury North warwicks, i recently discovered the joys of biking after quite a few years lay off. I own an Orange clockwork which i bought new in 94 with little use really i used to be more in road and i've still got an Aende hand built 531c race frame road bike i used to do miles and miles on back in the 90's started riding the clockwork again and really enjoying myself.
As you might note this is my first thread, found this site a few weeks ago been reading ever scince and thought its good why not join . Probably a bit more senior than most on this site- well put it this way I'm not over the hill yet but the view is getting better every year ;) still tear around like a loon scaring dog walkers in the water park by us, seems to hurt more than i remember when i get of the bike though...
Would love to come along to the rides and hopefully will make one in the near future (need to up the fitness to keep up with you youngsters)

Bobw":26daujzv said:
I'm Rob i live in Kingsbury North warwicks, i recently discovered the joys of biking after quite a few years lay off. I own an Orange clockwork which i bought new in 94 with little use really i used to be more in road and i've still got an Aende hand built 531c race frame road bike i used to do miles and miles on back in the 90's started riding the clockwork again and really enjoying myself.
As you might note this is my first thread, found this site a few weeks ago been reading ever scince and thought its good why not join . Probably a bit more senior than most on this site- well put it this way I'm not over the hill yet but the view is getting better every year ;) still tear around like a loon scaring dog walkers in the water park by us, seems to hurt more than i remember when i get of the bike though...
Would love to come along to the rides and hopefully will make one in the near future (need to up the fitness to keep up with you youngsters)

Hello Bob and Welcome!!

Hope to see along to some of the rides we have various road ventures through the year too so keep your eyes peeled

Cheers

daj

Back