Bike rage in New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps I should do a transcript of the audio to the video, because people seem to be seeing and hearing what they want depending on which side of the metaphorical fence they are standing??

For those who are trained to 'See not look' and 'Hear don't listen' it will be a little more clear cut.

The one thing 'Camera Guy' was guilty of was not reading the veritable encyclopedia of 'danger indicators' in 'Fat Boys' behaviour/body language prior to the actual assault...

...other than that he did nothing wrong.

Camera man was very cocky, 4 minutes later he got his cumuppence, good on rock shox man for teaching him some manners!

Good video, the world needs more of these to teach people a little manners and respect. And to wait your chuffing turn!!!

there are actually deviations on that track which would of allowed either:

(A) the fast rider to actually pass the slower rider

(B) increased the distance between the two riders

I'm guessing the faster rider actually knows the track (actually both riders might) then they would of known you could use the deviations. Why they didn't wait to use them only they know.

maybe someone is just generally an angry rider?

before i get flamed...YES I have ridden that track!

Just because you think the guy who took a swing may have been justified does not mean you have issued any threats at anyone. Time for the 'never a time for violence' crowd to stop getting so offended that others may disagree.

I'm not threatened by those who think violence is never justified or those who want the police involved. You have an opinion. I disagree.

Being an ass precipitated a punch in the face. A punch in the face precipitated a visit from the police. One action leads to the other. No need to get your lycra in a wad over somebody having a different OPINION than you.

If nothing else this thread serves to amply demonstrate who I, for one, would and would not want to ride with... :roll:

Yes, and it shows who I would NOT want to ride with. You guys really think it's OK to be an annoying little twit like that on a ride?

No thanks. You can ride without me - I don't have a problem with that.

Strangely you only see one side trying to 'guilt trip' the other into changing their opinion.

You act like an ass you might get a mouthfull of somebody elses fist.

Man Law #14.

Groundoggy":2quvh2uy said:
Just because you think the guy who took a swing may have been justified does not mean you have issued any threats at anyone. Time for the 'never a time for violence' crowd to stop getting so offended that others may disagree.

I'm not threatened by those who think violence is never justified or those who want the police involved. You have an opinion. I disagree.

Being an ass precipitated a punch in the face. A punch in the face precipitated a visit from the police. One action leads to the other. No need to get your lycra in a wad over somebody having a different OPINION than you.

Were you bullied in school by any chance? You, and several others, appear to be expressing your own feelings through misrepresenting this event to fit your own frustrations and hang-ups. The camera guy was really quite courteous and patient considering he was rudely blanked and then physically intimidated by rockshox dude. Wanting to pass someone who's riding significantly slower than you on a trail with loads of easy passing spots is not unreasonable. Is it that you bear personal resentment because you get passed a lot?

thecannibal":10p0ui7u said:
Groundoggy":10p0ui7u said:

Were you bullied in school by any chance? You, and several others, appear to be expressing your own feelings through misrepresenting this event to fit your own frustrations and hang-ups. The camera guy was really quite courteous and patient considering he was rudely blanked and then physically intimidated by rockshox dude. Wanting to pass someone who's riding significantly slower than you on a trail with loads of easy passing spots is not unreasonable. Is it that you bear personal resentment because you get passed a lot?

Not at all. Pretty typical middle of the roader here.

It's just a fact of life from how I grew up. You run your mouth at somebody and you might get punched in the mouth. What sort of over protective childhood did you have? Did you ever get spanked or are you part of the 'time out' generation?

I'm not lecturing those who are shocked this whiny little bitch got punched. Why do you feel compelled to lecture those who disagree with you?

Let's get into the analysis of what sort of whiny little prick would support another whiny little prick shall we? Maybe daddy molested you? Maybe your sister was gang banged by the Rock Shox cycling team. Do you really think it is wise to turn this into a personal insult fest? Is that where the 'no violence' crowd wants to take this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back