Where would you choose to live, just to have awesome trails?

carter711

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Has anyone on here extensively travelled the UK for riding spots and found one that was better than the rest?

I live in Surrey and have ridden around Leith/Pitch hill a lot and like it there, but can't help but feel it's a little tame/small compared to what else is to offer around the UK.

I've heard that Cwmcarn is excellent and also the Lake District?

Where would you choose to live, just to have awesome trails on your doorstep?

Hebden Bridge/Todmorden. Great riding, lovely Northern locals, good value property, great riding. Alas, very few job opportunites for most.

Happy where i am, been riding local trails for 20+ years and still find new places that keep my interests going :cool:

north wales/lakes/scotland i would say for the uk......i have slung a leg over a bike in canada though, and was somewhat spoiled to do it all in short sleeves over there...... :roll:

Mid Wales gets my vote... I used to live there and had the Elan Valley on my doorstep, as well as the Epynt Range near Builth Wells, not to mention the Brecon Beacons just a few miles away. Hundreds and hundreds of miles of natural trails and all within a maximum of 30 minutes away either by bike or car.

Anyone who's done the CRC/Merida Enduros in Builth will know how good some of the trails are ;)

Wish I still lived there :oops:

I reckon city wise Sheffield is hard to beat- half of its in the Peak District!

Happy enough in Skipton as we have loads of great local riding + Wales/Scotland/Lakes etc are not too far away and can be done in a day :cool:

I have to agree with Brocklanders being only 7 miles from him :D but if I had the money etc I would love to live in the Lakes :D

Back