2006 Orange 5

giant-one

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Bought the frame of Brocklanders023 back in 2010 after I started having issues with a Ragley Blue Pig frame (don't ask please :roll:).
I've known the frame from new when he bought it so knew it was a good buy and as i've always wanted one, I just had to have it. :D

Spec as follows:
Frame: 2006 Orange 5 20" with Manitou X3 shock.
Fork: Rock Shox Revelation Race Dual Air 20mm Maxle

Headset: NukeProof Warhead
Stem: Thomson Elite X4 90mm 10deg
Handlebar: NukeProof
Grips: Superstar

Brakes: Hope Tech V2 Braided hoses
Rotors: Hope V2 Floating Front 203mm Rear 183mm

Shifters: SLX
Front Derailleur: SLX
Rear Derailleur: XT Shadow
Derailleur Cables: Yes
Cassette: XT
Chain: XT
Cranks: SLX Triple
Bottom Bracket: SLX
Pedals: Superstar Nano flat

Rims: Mavic EN321
Hubs: Hope Pro II
Nipples: yes
Spokes: Silver
Tyres: Swap between Kenda Nevagals 2.35s and Bontrager XR4 Team Issue 2.2
Tubes: Yes

Saddle: WTB
Seatpost: NukeProof
Seatpost Orange

Weight: 31.0lbs

And yes the seatpost needs to be that high being 6ft 5in :roll:

Attachments

• 2012-04-07_18-47-40_114.jpg
    2012-04-07_18-47-40_114.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 871
coomber":2cw1vdm8 said:
Nice.

How long is the seatpost in total then? Must be longer then 400mm?

Cheers.
Not sure on total length but its marked as 400mm and has the numbered markings on it so you know where you had it. Oh and its not at its maximum either as it will prob go another 20-25mm. :D
Will measure it tonight :D

:D

No need to measure it. I dont want to patronize you but I would just make sure that the seatpost at least goes into the seattube as far as where the top tube joins it, it would write the frame off (probably) if it cracked at the top part of the seattube.

I used to hate the look of these oranges, but I am really changing my mind on them. Think it was that video that was posted a few months back about the factory that did it.

:D
No worries there. the seatpost does go past the top tube, not by much but it does.
To be honest the frame is prob on the limit of being a bit small for me :roll:
I'm thinking of changing the frame for something bigger but I do love the way it rides. :D

They hold their value really well, and as you have some nice bits on it, why not buy a bigger size and chuck everything over?

Yeah been thinking that but not sure if I want to go the 29er route as the frame sizing would suite me better but that would mean selling the frame, forks and wheels to fund a 29er frame, 29er forks and 29er wheels.

I have a few ideas rolling around in my head but I'm just not 100% sure I want to part with the 5. :roll:

Back