Bike rage in New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.
merckx":6lg1bul1 said:
485790_396421717043102_166879576663985_1459722_1121613405_n.jpg

cool thing about kiwis, they have a sense of humour. even the mainstream media! :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: brilliant! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Groundoggy":1jdlu5bc said:
We_are_Stevo":1jdlu5bc said:
Ahem; basic trail etiquette that you let faster riders through my friend...

...and the OP wasn't 'yapping,' he was being polite!

Ahem; basic life etiquette states if you are being a whiny douche you might be eating a five finger sandwich my friend.

You're my new internet hero :facepalm:

13":2vlujpiu said:
merckx":2vlujpiu said:
485790_396421717043102_166879576663985_1459722_1121613405_n.jpg

cool thing about kiwis, they have a sense of humour. even the mainstream media! :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: brilliant! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

He DID let him pass though. Then the whiny douche bag INTENTIONALLY cut across onto a trail that would put him right on his wheel again. So the guy has to pull over AGAIN and let him pass? Screw that.

I also don't see much actual PROOF of an assault here. The camera doesn't catch that much. We don't know exactly who is screaming on the video. The whiny douche bag actually admits to BITING the guy on the internet so that's really the only admission of an attack I have seen. Lots of commotion and the sounds of a struggle don't always indicate a struggle.

They both wear tight Lycra so maybe the sounds we hear and all the grunting is just the two of them having butt sex.

JeRkY":2x6gjmkc said:
Groundoggy":2x6gjmkc said:
We_are_Stevo":2x6gjmkc said:
Ahem; basic trail etiquette that you let faster riders through my friend...

...and the OP wasn't 'yapping,' he was being polite!

Ahem; basic life etiquette states if you are being a whiny douche you might be eating a five finger sandwich my friend.

You're my new internet hero :facepalm:

One statement is as true as the other. Just pointing out a fact. :roll:

I saw this linked on Twitter.....

IF the guy did get a good kicking (and the camera didn't show it, didn't show much at the end really) then no-one deserves it...

However he rode like a total prat all the way dow, baiting the guy in front, saying how good he was, generally hassling him THEN rather than just passing when the guy pulled over just though he'd do a quick loop to MAKE SURE he was behind him again. He looked like he knew the trail quite well so why on earth did he do this if it wasn't to show off how AWESOME he was by trying to get past later on again??

I am surprised the guy in front kept so quiet.....

Then, at the end, the guy stops so the guy behind could easily just walk past him without saying anything but thankyou.... but obviously he's tougher than that...resulting in him learning the hard way (but more likely it was just a scuffle??).

As I said, if he did get a good kicking then he didn't deserve it and the other guy should have held his temper BUT there's no real video of him getting hit (amazing how the camera is covered ALL THE TIME when he is being "attacked").

I just can't believe people are so surprised when somebody punches them for being an annoying dolt.

Then to run to the police about it? That is pretty pathetic if the police or courts have to step in to settle things between two grown men when neither is likely much the worse for wear after this incident.

Yeah the slower rider should let a faster rider past. Not arguing that - but he was being a prick about passing, ran into the guys foot and then starts it all over again. Are you really shocked he got punched? Cuz I'm sure as hell not.

As I said; two very polarised points of view...

...one somewhat less pleasant than the other.

It would be interesting to see all the 'armchair warriors' in a real world scenario ;)

Having spent a lot of my mtb life riding DH the etiquette on single track if you come up behind a slower rider is to stop wait a few minutes and then head off again. This clears the track for you and is safer for the rider in front. (these guys are riding dh, on flat or uphill yea let faster riders pass) "tailgating" is dangerous for the rider in front as it puts extra stress on them to go faster. I would think a guy on a long travel trail bike tailgating a guy on an old ridgid had no chance of crashing and what was the big rush?
Think this whole story is a "chicken or the egg" type of thing, no one will have the final say. But hopefully every rider will be respectfull to each other and share the trails, they belong to everyone after all.

Rob Atkin":1a85bal3 said:
I saw this linked on Twitter.....

IF the guy did get a good kicking (and the camera didn't show it, didn't show much at the end really) then no-one deserves it...

However he rode like a total prat all the way dow, baiting the guy in front, saying how good he was, generally hassling him THEN rather than just passing when the guy pulled over just though he'd do a quick loop to MAKE SURE he was behind him again. He looked like he knew the trail quite well so why on earth did he do this if it wasn't to show off how AWESOME he was by trying to get past later on again??

I am surprised the guy in front kept so quiet.....

Then, at the end, the guy stops so the guy behind could easily just walk past him without saying anything but thankyou.... but obviously he's tougher than that...resulting in him learning the hard way (but more likely it was just a scuffle??).

As I said, if he did get a good kicking then he didn't deserve it and the other guy should have held his temper BUT there's no real video of him getting hit (amazing how the camera is covered ALL THE TIME when he is being "attacked").

Did you actually watch the video? There was no baiting, no saying how good he was, no hassling. Rockshox man was behaving weird and aggressive when he first stopped. It also seems highly unlikely that camera man got back behind him on purpose - what makes you think he did? And when rockshox man stops the second time he's immediately aggressive and confrontational. He certainly wasn't stopping to let him 'easily just walk past'.

I've scarcely seen so much wrong in one forum post ever before. Have yourself an imaginary medal!

13":8zs8pfjq said:
Having spent a lot of my mtb life riding DH the etiquette on single track if you come up behind a slower rider is to stop wait a few minutes and then head off again. This clears the track for you and is safer for the rider in front. (these guys are riding dh, on flat or uphill yea let faster riders pass) "tailgating" is dangerous for the rider in front as it puts extra stress on them to go faster. I would think a guy on a long travel trail bike tailgating a guy on an old ridgid had no chance of crashing and what was the big rush?
Think this whole story is a "chicken or the egg" type of thing, no one will have the final say. But hopefully every rider will be respectfull to each other and share the trails, they belong to everyone after all.

X2 13. and in fact you see the professionals ride this way (stopping and waiting) in practice sessions also.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back