Bike rage in New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just a case of how you interpret how someone comes across...

...people say the same about me but they're wrong; it would be very easy to say the same of Dry Stone Paul, but that would be equally wrong ;)

You, on the other hand, come across as instantly likeable...

rock shox guy might have lost his house, a friend, whatever in the earthquakes. who knows. clearly he probably would have been fine until new school guy with his video camera and 17 inch travel bicycle started antagonising him.

posting it to youtube and pleadng for someone to ID him goes to show how lame he is. sort it out on the trail, not the internet.

Seem to be two very polarised camps in this thread, as there were on the OP's...

...think it depends on your background and the discipline instilled upon you both at home and professionally. ;)

if someone is behind me and wants to pass, sure i let them through. not every time, but most times. in racing and if they have a number on, of course always.

trail riding is not racing.....

if i am behind someone and i want to pass them on a trail ride, well i don't go yelling TRACK!! or ON YA LEFT!! or anything at all really. In fact I say nothing. They will hear me, and I give them space so I am not up their ass.

sometimes, they don't want to pull over. thats fine, i just let it be. every singe track comes to an end soon enough, i will actually stop myself, wait, give them heaps of gap and then go for my life on clear track.

i have come across guys like rock shox man on the trail before. it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realise you don't need to poke him with a stick. stop, take a breath, wait for him to ride down the trail, and then pin it to your hearts desire.

video camera man needs to realise that if he wants to go race pace, he needs to go and pin a number on at a race.

Bike Rage

I can see both sides.....

Yes, I let people pass if they are faster (Im not that fast myself at the moment)....

On the other hand, I take offensive to people sitting right up my arse on a sunday casual ride.....

Not a problem if they ask if they can pass, but when they expect you to pull over and not say a thing....I get a bit shirty...

My understanding is that the Rock Shox man has been identified and the police have this information.....

More info on the link below...

http://www.reddit.com/r/newzealand/comm ... /?sort=new

BTW Merckx, rode this trail a couple of years ago when over is CH....some nice trails.....

It's like golf, you let the faster guys through. Just simple etiquette and makes sense. Sounds likes rage-rider is just some competitive pr1ck.

Anyone that looks at themselves in the mirror and thinks that that lycra top and that belly combination are a good look is always going to be wrong. Case closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back