Mk1 Oakley Frogskins

rojo was asking me about my Oakleys the other day so I thought I'd add my ex-pairs to this lovely Frogskin gallery... Crystal Clear/Violet Iridium and Crystal Black/Red Iridium. I've never had a pair of metal hinge ones though.

Attachments

• Red Frogskin.jpg
    Red Frogskin.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 1,166
  • Violet Frogskin.jpg
    Violet Frogskin.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 1,166
Very nice Fatal Swan. Did you sell the crystal black pair to me? Seem to recall I bought a pair from you. Because if it was indeed these you'll be saddened to know they broke, caught them on the car door frame putting something in. The air turned blue.

From memory I think it was a black/bronze iridium pair you had off me, John? Hopefully they were a bit more robust than the crystal frames!

As it happens I've now got another (modern) frogskin project on the go after getting hold of a set of the acid blue 'collectors' reissues - just deciding what to replace the plain grey lenses with...

Ah jolly good. Still have the black / bronze pair fortunately, the bronze is super dark!

Can you replace the lens from the reissues with a Mk2 lens? Any pics :)

Two. The blue pair pictured and a black pair without lenses. If anyone knows a source from Mk1 lenses (or has some spare) that'd be super cool!

I might know a guy that has mk1 lenses , will ask him, not sure on the colour though, does that matter??

Back