XTR'd 1997 GT STS 2

Where clubby refers to the sale which thankfully fell through - that'll be me then.. :(

Soooooooooooo wish I'd be able to buy it at the time!

Finally got a RS Super Deluxe shock on eBay. Payed more than I wanted but was fed up of missing out. Picked up an NOS WTB saddle with red corners from the same seller. Have original one with blue corners, but new decals are red and black so this will match. Plus I got it for £4.20! Kind of makes up for going over budget on shock. Roll on tomorrows post delivery.

Finally got a RS Super Deluxe shock on eBay. Payed more than I wanted but was fed up of missing out. Picked up an NOS WTB saddle with red corners from the same seller. Have original one with blue corners, but new decals are red and black so this will match. Plus I got it for £4.20! Kind of makes up for going over budget on shock. Roll on tomorrows post delivery.

Time for a wee update.

The shock I got from eBay turned out to be from a DH model and had too long a stroke for my model so was no use. Only found out after I'd forked out for a new set of bushing as it didn't come with any. I kept the shock a few months and then posted a for sale ad on here. Luckily a guy had done the opposite and offered a swap. Shock arrived this week and was fitted 5 minutes before heading off to Pitmedden forest to meet the Fife Retro crew.

Had a great day out, and the shock performed brilliantly. It was the bikes first real off road ride since the rebuild and I did have to remove my chainset mid-ride to tighten the main frame pivot, but the rest of the bike was great.
The short top-tube/long stem combo took a bit of adjustment on the descents but it climbed like a mountain goat.

Here it is in all of it's colour coded glory.

DSCF0555 by steven.clubb, on Flickr

DSCF0556 by steven.clubb, on Flickr

DSCF0557 by steven.clubb, on Flickr

Back