1993 Orange Prestige

I need a 1" headset desperately, I'll not make the ride without it. I had a chance of an STX-RC unit but it's gone already. Ebay is a no go as they all want top whack prices and I need one quick.

Can anyone help. I'll post in the Wanted section if I need to :)

Get an ad in the wanted section and hope for a quick response and even quicker postage.

Trebz":2dho1pim said:
FluffyChicken":2dho1pim said:
That's a respray ?
Looks similar to my Alu-O's dodgy Plastic-Coat type 'paint'
Original would be Matt black (If I'm right)
But if it's working and you like the look, nothing to worry about. I keep meaning to take mine off, but it sits there doing it's jobs (well some places it was way too thick and needed snapping off :LOL:)

Nope, it's the original paint job. I was thinking of having it re sprayed by Orange but i'll be leaving it as it is. Mainly due to the cost of having Orange do the paint work, very pricey at £150 for a hard tail in flat black.

I have to admit i thought respray too, what makes you so sure it is original? Are the decals under coearcoat?

clockworkgazz":36r2v0gd said:
Trebz":36r2v0gd said:
FluffyChicken":36r2v0gd said:
That's a respray ?
Looks similar to my Alu-O's dodgy Plastic-Coat type 'paint'
Original would be Matt black (If I'm right)
But if it's working and you like the look, nothing to worry about. I keep meaning to take mine off, but it sits there doing it's jobs (well some places it was way too thick and needed snapping off :LOL:)

Nope, it's the original paint job. I was thinking of having it re sprayed by Orange but i'll be leaving it as it is. Mainly due to the cost of having Orange do the paint work, very pricey at £150 for a hard tail in flat black.

I have to admit i thought respray too, what makes you so sure it is original? Are the decals under coearcoat?

Not 100% sure now but the decals are under a clear coat / lacquer. After closer inspection it does look a little rough. Almost orange peel style in places....hhmmmm got me wondering now.....

Not to worry about the paint, if you're here in Sunday we can all have a nosey :)

Might even bring the Alu-O out of it's constant hibernation.

Bike is now stripped and ready for service and new headset.

Should be ready for Sunday hehe.

Back