Easter Monday run - Aftermath and Confession

mikee if yer comin garmac running late so meeting 10.30-10.45 hes doin his hair / walkin dug / quick hows yer father...worse thana wuman lol

awrite then.

started off ok, had mr mac texting early trying to get out of it so lied through ma teeth telling him weathers great etc etc.

arrived at carpark to an overcast sky which wisna bad. our two interpid explorers then set out on the normal route from the clink....with a few...erm..detours...erm..cos I'm pish at directions and remembering a trail.

we headed down the off the back of the first hill to where Rob looked down at that steeep trail heading off down the arse end of the hill and thought "feck that i'm obviously not skilled enough or have the bottle for that"

Well then i hear you say...yes our intrepid pioneers on modern full bouncers. thought "118 we can do that" Well gary and me looked at it or 10mins bricking it then gar went down it first, absolutely no control and in a sideways slide at one point. he managed to stay on and once safely down promptly shouted back "get that richt up ye"

so at this point you have one of those life changing decisions and i though "**** hes made it down..that means im gonna hiv tae go down it now" so yours truly launches himself down the easly 60+deg slope.

again no control rear wheel locked, and still speeding up, controlling the slide well............right up to the last third where the back kicked out and threw me over the bars. cue some serious piss taking.

after that shenanigans and managing to literally climb back up the hill and having to belay our bikes to one another to get them up over the last bit we headed on to the main part of the run.

i deliberately took gar up some of the more difficult trails rather than just up the fire road. By this time he is moaning about weather, trails, girlfriends cooker, hair, etc etc

first confession - my trail knowledge is sketchy but by hook or crook we manged to get to the top of the main hill after 1 notable detour and retracing our loop twice.

now the fun part going down the various trilas that we have all come to love. No major disasters apart from the weather now being a light constant drizzle.

2nd confession - i began to loose my sense of direction due to enjoying the trails and we managed to take a wrong turn somewhere and found some new trails including a great downhill section including jumps, bombhole and great twisty singletrack on quite a steep gorge. best section of the ride. ..............only problem this spat us out at another carpark..........between 8-11 miles from Muchty!!!

and then just to help, the feckin heavens opened for a torrential downpour. up hill, down hill on road, no idea if going in right direction and i quote gar "theres cars all coming towards us - that means theres a town over that way" lol you've got to love his enthusiasm.

we eventually came to the end of the road which joined the main A91 from the M90 to muchty somewhere west past turn off to Falkland. Luckily there was a path back and death was avoided.

an hour or so later we arrived back at clink drookit and wi sun shining.

me i loved it...gar he moaned and bitched the whole time lol...not a lover of Pitmedden methinks.

got a coupla pics of the steep slope (now known as "the bit that rob shat it at") and will get them up the night.

post run pint and steak dinner in dunfy was well deserved.

lol your fkin hopeless at directions mate
looks like you've broken gazmac
glad i missed it , siliconing and grouting :roll:

top write up tho ,most entertaining

Great write up :) , could easily have been me, my sense of direction is hopeless, how i manage to navigate a 44 tonner round the country i'll never know :LOL:

Would'nt mind a go at that steep drop :)

Back