My new Pace RC104 - 1 x 10 build

CalaisWoodBurner":2qdm28et said:
comes in around 28lbs
I'd be interested to know how that comes about? None of my obsolete specimens is more than 25lbs, even with a Z2, and most are 23-24 without any weight weenie parts. I realise that modern steel frames are much heavier than 90s frames, but I wouldn't have thought that Reba was all that heavy, so I can't see where 28 can come from.

Anthony":yb2gsdvk said:
CalaisWoodBurner":yb2gsdvk said:
comes in around 28lbs
I'd be interested to know how that comes about? None of my obsolete specimens is more than 25lbs, even with a Z2, and most are 23-24 without any weight weenie parts. I realise that modern steel frames are much heavier than 90s frames, but I wouldn't have thought that Reba was all that heavy, so I can't see where 28 can come from.

My Alfine'd rigid 104 is heavier still .....

yeah the chrome chainstay is a nice touch, that nice I am going to cover it with a neoprene chain protector!.

Weight wise I was perhaps being a tad conservative, 28lbs tops I reckon, all parts are high end (ish) and the 2012 RLTs only weigh a tad over 3lbs so may be surprised ?.

Kev

Coomber,

Id be so lucky, I flogged the killi in 1998!. My most loved bike ever, uber bling at the time and the e stay was a proper head turner. This in turn made me yurn for an alpinstars cro-mega !

I have some old 6x8 kodaks! about somewhere, will see what I can do.......my most precious biking moments were on mid range steel hardtails, and you can see my steady evolution back to them through my signature

Kev

Latest posts

Back