Yeti Pro FRO (Tomac Stylee) Pics updated 13.10.08

Pickle":1m5cv684 said:
Riding drops on an MTB would scare the hell outa me!
Looking good Kev and I love the forks :cool:
Want those tyres!!

Drops ain't that scary - really nice on fireroads and descending, especially in the Peaks. Slow technical stuff is more tricky.

I love the forks too - probably the most retro/rarest thing I own. But I still use them ;)

Neil G - thanks for your comments. If you ever come to a meet and I have it with me you're welcome to try it if tall enough. I'm not precious about my bikes!

There are a few complete C-26 about, around 10 or 11 by my reckoning. 1 or 2 are owned by members on here and then there are a few tubesets in circulation that people may somehow get assembled in time. How I'd love to get my hands on one :cool:

One of the best looking forks ever.....you can see the craftsmanship in them unlike modern Manitous

Cheers for the offer mate....I must get to a meet sometime on my Hei :D

Like i said in my PM Kev,you can go off someone very quickly,lol

Awesome ride mate,brings back fond memories of reading about Tomac in almost every biking mag i bought.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Lovely Kev,

I agree the original Manitous were the best looking forks hands down!!

Rich

Very tidy Kev, can only echo the thoughts on the forks. One tiny point is that you have had such time and effort on it, might be nice to tidy the electrical tape on the end of the bartape (sorry, you've probably already done this).

Oh, and I now have a spare pair of Dura Ace aero levers too

ededwards":2lhi57ip said:
Very tidy Kev, can only echo the thoughts on the forks. One tiny point is that you have had such time and effort on it, might be nice to tidy the electrical tape on the end of the bartape (sorry, you've probably already done this).

I have Ed yes - I hadn't noticed it until I posted the pictures.

ededwards":2lhi57ip said:
Oh, and I now have a spare pair of Dura Ace aero levers too

I'm not undoing the tape/cable again. I'll stick with the Ultegra.....for now, although it will play on my mind that the correct lever is available to me :evil:

I think I finally got it 99% how I want it :D

Need some black XT canti's and it'll be 100%. That said it will take it's place on the start line at Mayhem weather permitting.

Attachments

• DSC00158 (Large).JPG
    DSC00158 (Large).JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 1,614
  • DSC00155 (Large).JPG
    DSC00155 (Large).JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 1,614
Back