After some info on an old saracen

Need a pic. 100 mile round trip? Unless you have free petrol not sure its worth the gamble? £20ish petrol..

Saracen frames are cheap and easy to come by, have one for sale myself, and have bought many from here and ebay for good prices over the years.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I have an x-cell frame 15" if my memory serves me right, 2004 in silver.

It was a great bike and I loved riding it a fair few years ago but alas I became an xc boy and it was rubbish, currently shed decoration and the frame is built like a tank. It looks like it will never break.

We_are_Stevo":2metmnch said:
...nice nonretro Marin BTW :cool:

thankyou very much, i do enjoy it
it puts up with the abuse i give it anyway :D

Charlieboy28":2metmnch said:
seems these saracen x-lites are becoming very common all of a sudden :? :?

bu pics are rare

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SARASEN-x-lit ... 2ebd269aba

it appears the ad has been edited now to read x-ile :roll:

XTSTIMAN":2metmnch said:

thats what im beginning to think now
if its as good as the one in that ad i'd be happy

coomber":2metmnch said:
Need a pic. 100 mile round trip? Unless you have free petrol not sure its worth the gamble? £20ish petrol..

Saracen frames are cheap and easy to come by, have one for sale myself, and have bought many from here and ebay for good prices over the years.

not free petrol, but i do have a diesel
my latest motor will do 55+mpg on a good run, so not worried about the fuel

its a complete bike afaik
as long as it runs ok at first i can always play with it later
my wife always winges when i buy new components, but if its for 'her' bike it may go down better :LOL:

have to ring the man with it tomorrow to arrange collection
i think it will be next weekend, but i will post (maybe a pic aswell) to let you's know the outcome

thanks for your help guys ;)
so

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
so i popped down to my friends this morning to collect
had to break into the shed as the padlock was siezed and rusted
it was like walking into a timewarp of circa 10years ago tbh, just with added cobwebs :LOL:
i dread to think how long its been locked up, but here's a knackered back tyre for guesstimation

CIMG0170.jpg

turns out XTSTIMAN was right about the saracen, its an x-ile
silver with the most hideous forks imaginable on it
pics as promised :roll:

CIMG0162.jpg

CIMG0163.jpg

CIMG0164.jpg

CIMG0165.jpg

between that, some manitou six forks i won on ebay cheap and my other garden ornament* i should be able to piece something together for the wife to go out on i suppose

*ornament i mentioned
CIMG0169.jpg

secondly to the saracen that was there, there was also another bike in said shed
its a barracuda big mamma with an amazing colour scheme

CIMG0166.jpg

CIMG0167.jpg

CIMG0168.jpg

with me being 25 this reminds me of my childhood and the ridiculous bikes me and my friends owned or wished for in the late 90s
i only took it as i want to use the chain guide it has on the saracen and perhaps the brakes aswell

now im unsure tbh
do i rebuild that aswell, or just strip it and ebay or scrap the frame
anyone know if its worth it??

well the wifes nearly got dinner done now, and then its off into the shed to get this saracen in pieces and cleaned up to see whats salvageable

Latest posts

Back