Great big Singlespeed thread!

kaiser":1msncjdi said:
Excellent work! Is it your business or hobby?
I was in the trade for a long time but now a hobby ,will build the odd frame for people if it is something interesting

Jamis Diablo":34lewe3t said:
p4pb7869802.jpg
love this bike and photo ^

Not sure if I've posted any in this thread? if so sorry for dumping these in!!You've all seen them before, but it would be good just to put them all in the the place.

Also some are not 98> builds so a double sorry!

My first SS build was back in 1996 and I've had at least one on the go ever since.

In no particular order...

Surly 1x1
PICT0002.jpg

Zaskar Race weenie project
PB130009.jpg

RM Altitude
Picture273.jpg

Surly 'hotrod'
Picture132.jpg

'Cakeshop special'
Picture098.jpg

Roberts DB
PB130010.jpg

Prom rider!!
3633544368_6575a6fa56-1.jpg

al. :D

Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey firedfromthecircus.
Looks nice in the grey, more details please ;)
Gazz's one is geared so its good to see another SS Surly in the macretro camp :)

Jamie

Cheers Jamie. The grey does look well, and I couldn't really have a black seeing as Gary got his first. :LOL:
Not much to tell really. 2011 singlespeed builds on offer at the mo, and it sits as it did on Friday when I got it. Only difference is now it's a bit dirtier. ;)
Been out on it last two afternoons after work and loving it so far. It definitely takes a bit more work to steer the big barge, but I only overshot a couple of corners before I started to get to grips with it. :LOL: But boy does it roll once you get it going.:mrgreen:

IMGP0188.jpg

Surly's Rule!

Glad your liking it :) Surly's rule!
I love mine and once I get my disc's sorted I will be sticking a set of 29 wheels on for summer and use my fat 26'ers for winter.
Thats the beauty with the 1X1 that you can run 29'ers but cant go bigger than1.95/ 2.00 on the rear or you hit the brace :roll: especially on the small frames I ride ;)
Looking forward to seeing it at a macretro ride sometime soon.
Jamie

Back