Welton 15th April

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's the same route as last time, it's all pretty much "standard" singletrack or quites country roads. Nothing too technical.

Similar route to last time Al but I'm not taking you over that big climb to the pub in Newbald. Ben and I went out yesterday morning for a few miles and its pretty muddy and slower than I would have liked so I think the 23 mile route I have planned will work better at this time of year. We have this ride pencilled into the calendar in October to coincide with the local cycle jumble and then I will put the tough Newbald section back in.

I need to check with a different pub if they will entertain a few muddy bikers for lunch before Sunday.

AR-CoolC":2bn1lycd said:
If it's the same route as last time, it's all pretty much "standard" singletrack or quites country roads. Nothing too technical.

Which was last time, did we go to the Humber or was it the straight up/down/up/down/up/down to the pub and back

I think this time it's and easy ride to the humber, with a bit of very twist wood bits for fun, nothing is hard. Though in the current weather the corners and roots make for a good chuckle.

But it's all easy tracks.
Probably recommend some medium grip tyres, so no semi slicks and though MUD tyre would be useful in areas given some parts of it, they'll drag like hell on the rest of it.
Come prepared to be splattered in fine slushy mud.
Some pics of the first and last parts of the route iirc (from yesterday) We where clean for ages,
https://picasaweb.google.com/1154180524 ... directlink

Also as we circle around the starting point all sorts of shortcuts back if needed can be done.

Also Humber bridge is now only £1.50 each way for any Lincolnshire people.

Rigid, old poorly setup bikes can ride the land easily.

EDIT This probably show more of the tracks style.
Just be a bit damper ;)

https://picasaweb.google.com/1154180524 ... directlink

I'm almost definitely in.

I really need to get some studying done, but I should get plenty done on Saturday, so long as I don't get drunk Friday night.

I might see if I can get the 1992 Karakoram in a rideable state and bring that.

TERRAIN?

titch__16":1hisju6g said:
What's the terrain like?

Guess we are on about ride starting in Welton then: Brantingham-Elloughton-SouthCave-Raywell-Welton-Melton

WELTON DIRECTIONS

MAP of RIDE STARTING in WELTON, my way

The terrain, well it has it's ups & downs, road uphills that is, fairly gruelling if done at other people's fast pace, leisurely at your own pace.

As I said I'm working that day, maybe I can get the day off work, work will only think I'm going to an 'S CLUB' concert/reunion, or something, anyway.

Re: TERRAIN?

srands":srjoxk76 said:
titch__16":srjoxk76 said:
What's the terrain like?

Guess we are on about ride starting in Welton then: Brantingham-Elloughton-SouthCave-Raywell-Welton-Melton

WELTON DIRECTIONS

MAP of RIDE STARTING in WELTON, my way

The terrain, well it has it's ups & downs, road uphills that is, fairly gruelling if done at other people's fast pace, leisurely at your own pace.

As I said I'm working that day, maybe I can get the day off work, work will only think I'm going to an 'S CLUB' concert/reunion, or something, anyway.

There is a bit of tarmac involved but no real road climbs that I had noticed Stephan?
For any 1st time riders it certainly will not be ridden at a fast pace and will not be gruelling so don't be put off ;)

Chris in the aid of research I went and tested out Triton Pub today.

Food is nice, though about 7 or 8 quid for the lighter meals.
They have a website and Facebook page.

Altering that last bit I mentioned tags it to about 26miles.

We can add/alter get your feedback on where the ride can go I would have thought as we go along.
First half is easy and flat to get people warmed up.

Using Stephans map up there it was given to me as something like this (yellow being tarmac road for a breather and chat, part at the south is road/track/mud path

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    162.2 KB · Views: 394
Offroad Uphills

You are right the only real tough uphills are Woodale Farm area, getting towards South Cove. Managed to ride up it all the other day, then rode down it, for a change, most fun, if just very brief.

The other Uphills I was reffering to starting from BEFORE Welton, riding up Tranby, and my route on the way back riding up trails South Cave area, heading towards Riplingham Rd, through Raywell.

Ok Stephan, for the benefit of the newer members who have not been on a Retrobike organised ride before can we try and keep the comments and details just about the route I am planning to use on Sunday.

I remember when I decided to attend my 1st ride and comments such as gruelling would have well and truly put me off :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back