1 inch unthreaded EC90

tommyw

Dirt Disciple
anyone got a 1inch steerer carbon fork, ideally an ec90 for a high end retro build? 56cm frame. thanks

yup

they do exist...but out of production now...could be another brand, just need it weightweenie style.thanks

dbmtb":20hgj500 said:
Don't think I've ever seen a 1" Easton fork. Sure they exist?

I have a pair of EC90 forks in 1" on my Merlin Ti, and a pair of EC70's in 1" on my Merckx Ti Ex

Andy

Not sure TBH. they do pop up on ebay from time to time...

I have also had luck getting unbranded 1" Chinese made full carbon forks on ebay new..

Andy

looks like columbus minimal or colnago streets are available in inch hs. could anyone recommend either? the former is much lighter but carbon steerer. is that ok? can i trust a carbon steerer over an ally one? road knowledge ltd! am a mountain biker...

tommyw":i3xfl0ka said:
looks like columbus minimal or colnago streets are available in inch hs. could anyone recommend either? the former is much lighter but carbon steerer. is that ok? can i trust a carbon steerer over an ally one? road knowledge ltd! am a mountain biker...

Get the full carbon, much stronger than an ally steerer, generally it'll cost more though. I run a 1" full carbon Mizuno on my ti bike, it was 430g with the full length 30cm steerer and the steerer was the thickest available so is uber strong compared to some
IF you do go for the full carbon fork you need to make sure you can get a fork expander to fit as the internal diameters are not the same. TA did one with differring rings so you could get differing widths, there's these on the bay for 1" CF forks going cheaps http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0618978260

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back