Scott Scale 30 - XTR New Build + First Ride Pics - 19Ib 15oz

First Ride/Easter Update:

Finally finished it and got it to a place where I am happy with the build, A few photos beforehand to get started:
IMG_8212a.jpg

IMG_8216.jpg

IMG_8206.jpg

IMG_8207.jpg

IMG_8197.jpg

Updated Buildlist:
buildlistscale30xtr.jpg

and part of the first ride (In Thorndon Woods):
IMG_1642.jpg

What I have learnt.

New XTR is awesome, superb, I don't remember any bike bits working this well.
Mountain Biking is a full body work out, arms are aching after that ride
I can't remember how to corner hard at speed.
Modern Tires/Stans No-Tubes setup offer an amazing grip level
2 x 10 Gearing is perfect for any terrain around here
Again, XTR Disc brakes are another level of braking, nearly went over the bars when grabbed a handful.

May look to get some lighter wheels in the future, (Extralite Hubs/Sapin CX Rays and Stans Rims) which should easily take a 1Ib and a Half off the weight, to make a raceable 18.5 Ib Bike.

Racing this in the Mud, Sweat and Gears Series at Chelmsford in a couple of weeks, I don't think the bike will be holding me back, just the legs/lungs/skill!

getin":hzuc07vf said:
Was wondering why you went for the 11 speed chain, I presume it runs ok on 10 speed stuff.

Yep, perfectly. Amazed how well the whole drivetrain works to be fair. 2x10 is perfect gearing wise.

Love the XT-R cranks. Much better looking than the version i had. Some years XT-R looks 'top end' then some years XT looks miles better.
This years look top end

v12jat":2ecpx7eo said:
This is looking great Steve , did the DA front mech not work with the xtr shifters?

James

I spent absolutely ages trying to get it to work, it shifted very well, but I could not get it to not rub in the crossover gears, its 50 grams extra that I am happy to have.

Looks an absolutely stunning bike. Proper XC machine. I really like it. Always regret selling an alloy Scale I had a few years ago.

Back