Holdsworth 531 Special 23" Frame & Forks c.'77 £100

grogee

Retro Guru
OK this was my Dad's bike, I built it up with some 'sympathetic' upgrades (eg indexed gears) but I have to face facts, it's simply too big for me!

23" seat tube centre to centre
22 1/4" top tube centre to centre

As you can see it's pretty tatty paint-wise, which is a shame as the scheme is really nice - cream and blue with gold highlights.

It has a Campag headset (period) included. The dropouts are Campag as well, I have tried to show this in the pics.

It's been cold set by LBS to 126mm to suit 7 speed, but could be easily put back if required.

More pics http://www.flickr.com/photos/9139014@N06/?saved=1

Going to start the ball rolling at £100 inc postage for this one. No interest by Fri 13th and it's going on Fleabay...

Attachments

• 40N_sm.jpg
    40N_sm.jpg
    326.9 KB · Views: 1,408
  • 33N_sm.jpg
    33N_sm.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 1,408
  • 36N_sm.jpg
    36N_sm.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 1,408
  • 21N_sm.jpg
    21N_sm.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 1,408
Lots of pics of the forks....... LOL which in the background seem to show some under bottom bracket runs for cables very out of focus and yet there is a banded cable guide for the rear mech :)

Shaun

Wriggles: Yes a 531 special as the post heading states...

Midlife: Yes there's an under BB cable routing for front mech, and the Campag band on for rear mech because the cable routing runs at top of chainstay, hence under BB routing wouldn't work.

Well you guys know better than me the vintage of the frame - my stepmum swears he bought it in 1980 but it could have been old stock I suppose

I left cycling in 1978 and there was very little in the way of under BB cable routing........I'd put it at later than that IMHO.

Shaun

I bought a 531 Holdsworth Special in 1979 and mine had mudguard eyelets on the dropouts, but otherwise was very similar. Same lugs, cable routeing, fork crown etc

Back