White = no chance
Different = of course
Rider = no question
Rigid = indeed
Single Speed = don't be silly
XTR = not a sausage
Mayhem = Bring it on
;)

All sounds good to me, looking forward to this......

Yep...me too.

I think you should go for Yellow with Grey or Blue decals......the opposite of mine!!!

:cool:

A small bit of progress has started , I have pressed in the headset cups and have fitted an stxrc catridge lower and the original impact up top, should be better than before. I have also fitted a NOS UN72 BB along with a near NOS sugino mighty 900 chainset :cool:

As you can see and possibly start to wonder have I built this up without paint, well ...... As the frame will never warrant the cost and time of a respray this seemed like a great donor for the "Rat"................ I love the custom rat look VW vans and buses that I have seen going around so a rusty frame with some shiny drive train parts is my plan :cool: who needs the extra weight of paint !

As mentioned before the frame was butchered in the seatube and still has most of the post inside, I have removed a good 6 inches of it below the toptube and rear triangle which will enable a post to be securely fitted.

The frame looked like it did in the picture above this morning until I added some water on a small sponge and instantly started to bronze with the corrosion, I was expecting a week or two but you could watch it before your very eyes :shock:

Should be a laugh at mayhem if nothing else ;)

15168cdf.jpg

9daeee3b.jpg

446bdfee.jpg

48ec8066.jpg

95f6acbf.jpg

As mentioned the frame is butchered inside and has most of a stuck seatpost inside ,all the shards are rattling inside will never be a good un :(

I will take a picture down the seattube tomorrow with warts n all !

once you reach the rustiness you desire, anchor wax the frame to stop it getting any worse.

Gravy Monster":4ac8c8iy said:
As mentioned the frame is butchered inside and has most of a stuck seatpost inside ,all the shards are rattling inside will never be a good un :(

I will take a picture down the seattube tomorrow with warts n all !

How bad is it?

Back