pace rc35 service

grogee

Retro Guru
Ok I've stripped down my pace rc35s. I was going to fit what I thought was the correct elastomer set but these are too small internal diameter to go over the long bolts that fit on the bottom of the fork legs.

So it looks like I have the wrong elastomer kit.

Question is, how can I *not* pay £40 plus £8 grease from the pace shop? Sorry but that is a massive rip off for some bits of elastomer tube and grease.

Is there an alternative? Does anyone want to swap my kit for the correct one?

Also, while it's in bits, does anyone have some good cleaning and polishing tips for the cnc bridge bit?

Attachments

• $(KGrHqF,!oEE8U4!mcz7BPM(p2oqL!~~60_35.JPG
    $(KGrHqF,!oEE8U4!mcz7BPM(p2oqL!~~60_35.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 1,682
Was going to but they're also smaller od so by the time I've drilled them out there won't be very much 'meat' left if you know what I mean...

Have you contacted Tim from Fork English (justbackdated) he's the resident PACE expert :)

Jussa :)

Cleaning & Polishing, just done my RC35's with Solvol Autosol, and Astonish Kitchen Cleaner on the stubborn parts, just polishing lightly has made them look bling again :)

You appear to have the elastomers for the rc35mxcd's which are smaller than standard rc35 elastomers. Mxcd's use 16 in total iirc, definitely try tim at fork English as he knows his stuff and is very helpful. There is another place online that sells the elastomers but they charge the same as pace.

I'm just about to try out some elastomers from Thudbuster seatpost to see if they'll fit (or can be made to fit)... otherwise it'll be a case of buying the damn Pace ones.

But seriously! £40! They are taking the p155, surely!

grogee":en13ys9w said:
I'm just about to try out some elastomers from Thudbuster seatpost to see if they'll fit (or can be made to fit)... otherwise it'll be a case of buying the damn Pace ones.

But seriously! £40! They are taking the p155, surely!

Have you tried the suggested alternative ?

Back