finishing kits, bar/stem/seatpost choices

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
i am trying to decide what finishing kit for one of the fleet.

struggling with the options :?

i like things to match and in this case i want silver parts which are annoyingly rare these days but also if possible i want all 3 items to be the same brand.

so i have been thinking about these options:-

1, hope, stem and post , would have to be black cos the post is black only but what bar?

2, u.s.e, bar stem and post, but stem is grey black only and the sumo post is available in black/silver or titanium

3, thomson, stem and post both available in silver but what bar?

4, easton, handlebars are silver alloy or carbon, stems are black, posts are black or carbon

so apart from the obvious that some of the above don't meet the silver criteria the other issue is that if i use for example the thomson option what brand bar should i use? for example if i used an easton bar then i feel i should be using an easton stem and post.

i am leaning mostly towards Thomson, good quality, not horrendous money, strong and reliable. so it's mainly the bar choice here if i went down this option.

so does anyone have a suggestion for a bar brand available in silver (riser) that doesn't have a matching stem so it wouldn't be out of place in my little OCD world?! or another brand altogether that does all 3 items in silver? would also be nice if they are 25.4 not 31.8 as they'll be going on a steel frame not a fat alloy frame.

:D

charlie the bikemonger had a good deal on ritchey classic bars and stem, though not sure if it still going. and its probley oversized but nice kit all the same

"4, easton, handlebars are silver alloy or carbon, stems are black, posts are black or carbon"

4. Easton handlebars carbon, stem black, post carbon.

no, if you have a suggestion then i'll research it as an option. :)

thing is, i am a little bored :oops: of the usual options. my fat has black thomson stuff (with an FSA carbon bar which i sort of hate!), the st4 has an easton bar/stem and hope post, the 07 clckwork is raceface bar/stem/post, the patriot66 is thomson stem/post with a raceface bar, the evo is raceface bar/stem/post etc.

so i was thinking this time i'd go for silver bits, the obvious choice is thomson, they do look great and the most common choice for a bar is easton carbon but i'd prefer a brand that doesn't make stems to match the bar i'd be using with the thomson etc, make sense? no? me neither! :LOL:

so, bar/stem and post in silver all from one manufacturer?

:D

I've just ordered a Syntace P6 seatpost - that'll be paired with a Syntace F99 stem.....
Both black - although stem is painted and post is carbon.
Running with a USE Atom carbon flatbar.

Back