Shimano Downtube shifter bosses - Concave Washers

Hello

Thanks my good man.
I have tried through the LBS to buy from Shimano but they say they are not a spare part in UK. Clearly they are and I need a new LBS.
Thanks for the help one and all,.......but keep digging.
I put the mech on as if I build it they will come.

Jamie

Bump

Please help me sort these shifters........theres hills approaching and my legs are getting tired ;)

Jamie

Uphill

Today the roads starting to slowly rise upwards............legs are tired.........bit more effort..........starting to be conscious of my breathing......really.....need .....to......change....gear.......

Help me to help myself

Jamie

I have two 600 shifter sets with concave bits. I won't sell the washers separately though:

2u6ms12.jpg

1672uti.jpg

I can post either set to you for 15 euros (2nd class)

Thanks

Thanks guys for the replies.
I am currently away in Glasgow at the moment so have a couple of mates to try down here. So thanks for the offer of the shifters Peter, much appreciated but for just now I will try and see if any washers appear.
Thanks again
Jamie

No Joy

No Joy yet.............please dig deep...........hills getting steeper...........legs hurting.............chest heaving............mouth dry.............speaking like.........captain Kirk...................

Jamie

I bought some flat ones recently, they were listed as a part for bar end shifters on petra cycles (I think).

I couldn't find any concave ones anywhere but the flat ones worked fine.

Will have a dig around my email later see if I can find a link. I think they were about 50p each.

Getting tired now

Legs..............getting ...really .......tired ................now!
Vision......blurring..............if only.......I......could..........change.......gear :cry:
Help.........me..............help.....me..............please.............someone :cry: :cry:

Jamie

Here you go:

http://www.petracycles.co.uk/slbs78-lev ... 21434.html

Strange description. I ordered 2x of those one for each side, they are the silver coloured flat type.

Worked fine on 7spd 105 downtube shifters on my skinny steel frame, just had gap where the concave bit would fill.

Sorry, a bit more than 50p, I paid 5.65 total posted a year ago. Any Shimano dealer should be able to order you that part number though.

EDIT: in fact using the part number form the bonthrone link on petra cycles, these popped up and instock at £2.50:

http://www.petracycles.co.uk/sl6208-lev ... -6677.html

So there you go, flat ones in my first link, concave in my second link.

Latest posts

Back