Pitmedden Aftermath

clubby

MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
The ride started well with me actually making it. After smashing into bambi on the way to Dunkeld, I did think it was a bit insensitive for everyone to direct me to the "Seriously Good Venison" website for the directions to the car park at the Clink. The directions were good though, as I'd have driven straight past the turn at the white house otherwise.

I arrived at (the quiet and in the middle of nowhere) car park to find a pimped BMW on big alloys. Inside was a Glaswegian busy measuring small bags of white powder. Thankfully it was only jimihendrix (and he claimed it was only energy drink). Riders slowly started to arrive, some more slowly than others and once The Ken finally realised he locked the bike rack we got going.

Or so we thought.....

Within 20m there was a shout of back in 5 as Mikee headed back to the car with Jimi in tow. Most of the rest headed out on a wee taster loop for our first taste of the flavour of the day. Wet roots.
Getting back to start point there was no sign of Mikee or Jimi. Scouting parties we sent out and we were soon a group again. I'd try to describe the route but I have no idea where we went. We started at the Clink and finished at the Clink. In between was lots of sweet singletrack, some slippy push up climbs and lots of wet roots. Regular riders there could give a much better route description but for the rest of us it was a case of follow the leader. Luckily the leader knew the best trails.

There were stops for rest, Haribo and in jokes from previous rides (which went right over my head ). Plus the amusing testicular tale of the supposed manhood friendly saddle.

Mechanicals were limited to The Kens front brake ( a Macretro tradition ), a wobbly front wheel, a wobbly back wheel and my main pivot bolt unscrewing itself.

All riders made it home unhurt, although Mikee did his best to jinx us by issuing a warning about a particularly fast roots descent. Cue keithyr ejecting himself over the bars right in front of me. Rider and bike avoided, the rest of us made it to the bottom unscathed.
The trails on the home leg started to make sense of the area as some routes were re-ridden and linked together. One in particular saw a riderless ti frame block the trail as The Ken got intimate with the scenery, forcing another rider into a mud hole. The last rooty descent and Keith come a cropper again, although he seemed more worried about his spilled Haribo than his bike. We all ate them anyway and it was off back to the cars.

Post ride refuelling was delayed due to a false start at the "we don't do food" Cycle Tavern. At least we had better luck in Falkland with good burgers and chips. When Velo offered us his "un-used buns" it seemed a good opportunity for us to make a move for home, although Rob did seem overly keen to give him a lift.

All in all, a great ride in good company. Nice to put faces to forum names. Hope to see you all on another ride soon.

Great write up man :)

Thoroughly enjoyed the day, perfect trails, easy climbs, fast flowing technical single track decents, just perfect, dirty Haribo's, mmmmm, nicccceeeeeeeeee, post ride Steak Burger was fantastic, well worth the trip through from Paisley :cool:

Clubby's GT STS had everyone drooling, bike of the ride, stunning machine :cool:

yup clubby's bike was soo sweet

had a blast today ,dispite feeling like death early on ,TK's chipboard health bar seemed to do the trick tho

trying to remember some quotes , more will come back
so for now
"i have a couple of un-touched buns " ..velo
"did you know boris johnstones grandad was turkish" velo again
"this is up hill "TK
"she wants another baby " TK again
**** off"" sir rob
"aye that bermed corner ,thats the one " shed

some pics

lord dad at SPEED tho not on the trail for some reason
P1040279.jpg

tree man , or is it femby art?
P1040277.jpg

STAG at bay
P1040273.jpg

i think this was when" **** off "was shouted
P1040271.jpg

marky boy at SPEED
P1040320.jpg

clubby at SPEED

P1040325.jpg

SHED ,soil sampling
P1040341.jpg

OOOH LOOK HARIBO

P1040352.jpg

top fun

i think your gonna fit in fine here clubby
nice write -up

top day lads, good to meet a few new faces as well.

pitmedden is fast becoming our local haunt.

what a hoot some of them trails are.

hopefully heading back up on monday for a days exploring.

clockworkgazz":2voyfsyd said:
Looks like a top day lads and mad does rob fill out that lycra well :cool:

yeah shouldnt have photoshopped that pic :LOL:

Keithyr - hooring up the climbs now that he's actually riding an XC bike for a change!
dscf3027g.jpg

Sweet, muddy singletrack - miles and miles
dscf3037r.jpg

JimiHendrix - ooh shiney, ooh blurry
dscf3029l.jpg

Mikee Transformer lid - Mountain biker in disguise
dscf3030fm.jpg

TheKen all padded up - well you would too if your bike was as well maintained as the Xizang
dscf3031q.jpg

Rob - in a rush to pour an after lunch aperitif for mi' Lady
dscf3032w.jpg

clubby - aye go on then, I'll ride the roots unlike the rest of the mincers
dscf3033z.jpg

Velo - yes, he was enjoying himself
dscf3036g.jpg

Rob finally takes a seat after serving us all lunch
dscf3038q.jpg

Pitmedden, it's fun, honest!
dscf3039.jpg

dscf3041yv.jpg

dscf3043n.jpg

dscf3044km.jpg

dscf3045s.jpg

dscf3046vd.jpg

dscf3048v.jpg

dscf3049w.jpg

dscf3050u.jpg

dscf3051oc.jpg

dscf3052l.jpg

dscf3054qb.jpg

dscf3055.jpg

dscf3056q.jpg

dscf3057x.jpg

Telt ye it was fun!
dscf3058y.jpg

dscf3059s.jpg

dscf3062j.jpg

dscf3063e.jpg

dscf3064o.jpg

dscf3065g.jpg

dscf3066i.jpg

dscf3067.jpg

dscf3069y.jpg

dscf3070t.jpg

Keithyr invents a new Haribo flavour - Fruits of the forest
dscf3071f.jpg

Another grand day out. Going was definitely slower under tyre, muddier than expected, but still great riding.

Good to finally meet clubby, and as has been said, bike of the ride! Definitely a lot of GTs in evidence, probably trying to cheer mikee up after the non-arrival of the cockney rebel.

Looks like a grand day out :) What happened to Tony then?

Back