Sleeping beauty from 1989:Sursee Alpin lady city-bike

fdoc

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
Birthday present for my youngest child -she loves the pearl-effect white metallic base-colour...
Absolutely unused bike in almost mint condition :cool:
Colombus tubing,non-marked alu rims,Maillard hubs,inox-steel mudguards,
non-marked alu cranks w a proud description: "Super Duraluminium Forged" :)
Weinmann 2caliper front brake,Sursee U-brake rear and headset,
Shimano Positron II. rear-derailleur and 6 sprocket Shimano-casette+Shimano chain,
the original Semperit(Austria)tires in surprisingly good condition
and Iscaselle Elite saddle.
Looks very feminine,rides very smooth ;)

Attachments

• DSC06132.JPG
    DSC06132.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 2,784
  • DSC06131.JPG
    DSC06131.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 2,782
  • DSC06133.JPG
    DSC06133.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 2,784
  • DSC06130.JPG
    DSC06130.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 2,784
That looks lovely - where did you find it? Very lucky finding a bike so original and in such good condition. Where / how was it stored?

rare find

In Switzerland,in Germany and in Austria it is a well organized method/business to collect used bicycles in order to sell them via second-hand retailers.
My friendly local used-bike shop owner picks up at least twice monthly several dozens of such bikes from the wholesaler's storage. It's a matter of pure luck to find a beauty like this,the possibility is approx. one from a thousand as most used cycles are far more worn.
The price was reasonable:75 EU
Considering the state of this bike I suppose it spent the last 23 years somewhere in the shade of a garage...
(check out e.g. the original Semperit -made in Austria- tires)

Attachments

• DSC06136.JPG
    DSC06136.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 2,711
  • DSC06129.JPG
    DSC06129.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 2,711
  • DSC06135.JPG
    DSC06135.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 2,711
Sursee

I have the same bike/colors except it's a 14-speed. I bought it in June 1990 when I was working in Wurzburg, Germany. Amazing to see the same bike.

I am also a family doctor now.

Question: what size are the original tires on your daughter's Sursee? I replaced mine some years ago and one is rubbing on the front fender (mud guard) and I wonder if I got the wrong size.

Sursee seems to be out of business now. I rode all over Germany and it, along with a Lotus road bike (1984), were my only transportation the four years I lived there.

thanks! :)

Latest posts

Back