Guess this frame..............

hi all
moving forward little by little on this build. had a very interesting morning/early afternoon today. a friend took me out to paul brodie's place. i took this frame to see if i could get him to address some of the issues it has. good news, he accepted the project. not much of a challenge for the likes of him. then it will be ready to go to toxik harald for paint.
frame has lots of dents and broken off seized bolts in various holes and missing threaded insert for one of those wheels that loop the front derailleur cable around to make it a bottom pull from a top running cable.
must have spent 3 hours hanging out. :cool: and at one point, usually too early for me, a bottle of tequila came out. :LOL: good friday turned out to be great friday this year!!!! :D :D :D
we talked about all sorts of stuff and yes brodie bikes was a topic. no he will not be making any more gatorblade forks in the future. and as of yet has not even thrown a leg over the whippet bike. so has no idea how it rides.
also turns out he may have a few things to sell too. that is something poeple must not say around me. :oops: i'll leave it at that for now. but stay tuned. got some swag too.
roy

Attachments

• fob 001.JPG
    fob 001.JPG
    14 KB · Views: 344
here's a picture of an original summit. fork has been swapped though. see how the red/white varies from the other bike picture posted. both schemes vary from what is shown in the catalogue. this bike i know for a fact has not been repainted.
roy

Attachments

• tree 003.JPG
    tree 003.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 341
hi
nothing on the serial number. haven't followed up on that yet.
picked up frame this afternoon. all fixed up and ready to go to paint now.
has a new threaded insert for front derailleur pulley welded in. plus all the other issues it had taken care of. painting will have to wait a bit.
roy

Attachments

• Friday 13 026.JPG
    Friday 13 026.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 265
  • Friday 13 025.JPG
    Friday 13 025.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 265
  • Friday 13 024.JPG
    Friday 13 024.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 265
hi all
picked this up tonight. another original paint scheme on this one. guess whomever was painting that day got to decide what he wanted to do. :LOL:
added this picture here to try and keep as many paint variations as possible together. not sure which i prefer yet. :?
roy

Attachments

• Summit 003.JPG
    Summit 003.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 185
Back