BB7's or Hope hydraulics, which is lighter?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I recently swapped from BB7s to Magura Martas.
I was very surprised to find the Martas were half a pound (yes, 200gms!) lighter per wheel! :shock:
THis was for lever, caliper, cable/hose, and disc..
More powerful and better modulation too.

I personaly wouldnt be thinking of putting BB7s on a leight weight build, they are a fair old chunk. I have the on my pug as they are recommended by a lot of fatbikers for being abuse tolerant, sand, salt water etc.

A nice set of Hope Race or Pro Minis would be on my shopping list

Wow i over estimate the weight of hydro's!

What about some ashma pancake brakes?

Or avid have pretty light offerings?

How do avid compare to hope weight wise though?

Oh no, i've started looking at Formula brakes :oops: yummy :D
The KCNC hydraulics looks featherweight on a bike at the Bespoke bikes show, i suspect they are very silly money though :?

Shimano SLX are looking good value on there at the moment, be about £120 for a complete pair, Very good reports elsewhere about them aswell.
Lot of very nice stuff for around £100 per brake, but then they should be nice for £100 :shock:
XTR M975 are pretty reasonable too, oh decisions, decisions :D :D

Back