96 Gt Tequesta

mikee":tzzald0c said:
you still enjoying this chris ?

like them meself ,very engaging ride

Yes still enjoying it Mikee, its better than ever now with the latest mods to be honest. The wheels and tyres have made the biggest difference.

Its getting a little pushed out at the moment though by my 1990 Karakoram.

kirbdug":xyyo3jw7 said:
love the colours
i had a 96 one in red and black - does not stand out like yours

kirbdug :D

are you sure it was the '96 model that had the same livery in black and red. I was convinced it was '94 :?

you live and learn!

'spose that makes sense, as '96 was my first year at uni and that was when i bough the bike..don't know why i thought it was old stock..

right, better get the wanted ad in my signature changed :LOL: :roll:

chrisv40":1bqri074 said:
Little update. now running 517 Citrons on Lx hubs with Schwalbe Rocket Rons, a higher rise Kore Aheadlite 3 stem and a refurbed damper cartridge in the forks. Big thanks to Fluffychicken for that one :D

DSC01086.jpg

I had an 18" version, wish I never sold it. Light, handsome but a bit flexy when heaving in the saddle.

This is an 18", can't say I've ever noticed any flex at least not side to side but I guess there must be a little give somewhere as it is a very comfy ride.

Hi Chris
I was at first thinking i wasnt a hard rider but then had a think and that bike was ridden from new preatty much every other day for the best part of 3 years on the quantocks. so it may have suffered from a bit fatigue! i am going to keep an eye out for another. got to finish my current Kona build first tho. i have got some old picks of it that i will try and put up when i work out how. bit new to this forum thing!
cheers
George

Badger744":mm3z0r8i said:
Hi Chris
I was at first thinking i wasnt a hard rider but then had a think and that bike was ridden from new preatty much every other day for the best part of 3 years on the quantocks. so it may have suffered from a bit fatigue! i am going to keep an eye out for another. got to finish my current Kona build first tho. i have got some old picks of it that i will try and put up when i work out how. bit new to this forum thing!
cheers
George

LOL, I'm surprised it's broken, I mean you didn't use it for jumping in the field or for trials on pallets stacked up in your yard or bunny hop height competitions, or trials in minehead, riding down sets of stairs.

In fact I can't remember you ever 'just riding along' !

I'm surprised mine survived, I did quite a few 4ft + drop offs that weren't that smooth, plenty of crashes, that frame saw two front wheels properly pringled!

Just got an identical frame to this! Will post pics when it's here!

Tc

Back