Surly Fat content - Hattie Redux Part Duex

ferrit":2gohzmjr said:
I was never totally happy with the white Pug as I had hankered after a curry squirt from the previous year. I also love to pieces the army green of my Big Dummy. So to kill two birds with one stone Hattie was stripped n*ked and dispatched to the powder coaters.

The RAL for the army green is 6014 but I was advised by the powder coaters that they didn’t have it and it would be a week or so to get a batch mixed and cost a small fortune as they would never use it again. Instead they said they had recently had a guy getting Land Rover parts done in a special green,

Ok said I what shade?

Oh NATO Green mixed to MOD spec we have some left over.

BINGO! Yes please.

They also recommended a lacquer coat over the top to give a higher gloss finish and all for the princely sum of £45. Now needs a fresh set of stickers

So here is the result. I took the chance to have a change of bars to something slightly more conventional, in this case Surly Torsion Bars made by Nitto, and whilst doing that popped on a non recall Salsa Cromoto I had managed to snag.
First shake down ride at work and I have some to the conclusion chain tensions are a must to stop the rear wheel creeping.

DSCF0020.jpg

That's a beauty! I can't help but ask! Why are you running a single speed hub and cog on the front? Something obviously to do with swapping front and rear wheels, but not sure what the benefit is?

neebsta":23tfxwdb said:
That's a beauty! I can't help but ask! Why are you running a single speed hub and cog on the front? Something obviously to do with swapping front and rear wheels, but not sure what the benefit is?

Spot on! thats why the fork is designed with the same offset as the rear wheel and has a rear disk brake tab. Fubar your gears out in the sticks and you just switch the wheels over and ride home single speed

ferrit":3grp98ba said:
neebsta":3grp98ba said:

Spot on! thats why the fork is designed with the same offset as the rear wheel and has a rear disk brake tab. Fubar your gears out in the sticks and you just switch the wheels over and ride home single speed

Cool, I like it. Green and brown brooks works a treat.

neebsta":2vbnj7a5 said:
ferrit":2vbnj7a5 said:
neebsta":2vbnj7a5 said:

Cool, I like it. Green and brown brooks works a treat.

Good enough for Mother Nature, good enough for me :D

Back