Road etiquette?

Is it OK to draft other unknown roadies?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
ahhh but the only reason they have overtaken is that you did not know they were there, the gauntlet is down once they pass. so catch up, tuck in behind let your legs recover then overtake them. Or if they are too quick pretend to look down at your drive train as if you have slight mechanical.

As i ride mtb with nobblies on road and cycle path on some parts of my way to work, i often feel like shouting yeah you smug bugger you only overtook me coz of your big wheels and skinny tyres, but i never do

Charlieboy28":20utlgll said:
ahhh but the only reason they have overtaken is that you did not know they were there, the gauntlet is down once they pass. so catch up, tuck in behind let your legs recover then overtake them. Or if they are too quick pretend to look down at your drive train as if you have slight mechanical.

As i ride mtb with nobblies on road and cycle path on some parts of my way to work, i often feel like shouting yeah you smug bugger you only overtook me coz of your big wheels and skinny tyres, but i never do

Hahaha the unwritten book of the road.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXz-HCcDUHY

Charlieboy28":3n1wlq63 said:

I do :LOL:

"I bet you've got 120 PSI in those tyres haven't you mate? I've got 60 in mine, oh and my backpack weighs as much as your bike." :LOL:

Yes really. I had a race with a guy on a Genesis flyer (fixie) on my way to work one day. I was on my 30lb Tequesta with semi slicks, 48:11 top gear and tri-bars, plus I had an 18lb pack on my back. He had no pack and a bike which when the ratio was right for the bit of road we were on was far more efficient than my bike. So in places he would be quicker than me and in other bits I could get on the tri-bars, sit on the tip of the saddle and push the 48:11. This went on for about 6 miles until we got into a built up area and both slowed down, thats when I said it, His response was "well you've got gears and tri-bars" :LOL:

Latest posts

Back