Surly Fat content - Hattie Redux Part Duex

ferrit":3j7y6eu7 said:
The risers are DMR wingbars but they are only on to keep the brake levers on whilst my Titec J bars are being polsihed

Liking that Hope rear hub as well - going to be a smart build :cool:

Not updated this for ages due to a pretty hectic few months, new baby, house move, work load etc.

Anyway here she is 99.5% completed, just need to tinker with the gear hub and stick on the big boots but they can wait until later in the year.

DSCF4755-1.jpg

DSCF4758-1.jpg

Build details as follows

Frame: Surly Pugsley (small)

Fork: Surly Pugsley.
Headset: Chris King Nothreadset
Stem: Thomson Elite X4 110mm x 10 deg
Handlebar: Ragley Luxy
Grips: Brooks leather bar tape

Brakes: Avid BB7 (mountain) with 205mm G3 Cleansweep rotors
Brake Pads: -
Brake Cables: Goodridge braided
Cantilever cable hangers: -
Brake Levers: Tektro RL520 drop v levers

Shifters: JTek Alfine bar end shifter
Front Derailleur: n/a
Rear Derailleur: Alfine 8 hub
Derailleur Cables: Goodridge braided
Cassette: Rear - Shimano Alfine 20t. Front - Chris King King Kog 16t
Chain: SRAM 991
Cranks: Middleburn RS7 Isis
Crank Bolts: n/a
Chainrings: Surly ss single speed 36t
Chainring bolts: Shimano
Bottom Bracket: FSA Pug specific 100mm
Pedals: DMR V8 clone

Hub Skewers: Hope ti (front only)
Rims Surly Large Marge dh 36h offset
Hubs: Hope Bulb 36h ti front, Alfine 8 36h rear
Nipples: Sapim
Spokes: Sapim stainless
Tyres: Maxxis Hookworm 2.5
Tubes: Michelin dh

Saddle: Brooks Swift Ti, black
Seatpost: Thomson elite 27.2 x 330
Seatpost Binder: Thomson.
Rack: Old Man Mountain front, rear to follow.

:cool: Sweet!

Hope you enjoy the hookworms, won't be long until the bad weather is here and you need to get the larry/endos!

I was never totally happy with the white Pug as I had hankered after a curry squirt from the previous year. I also love to pieces the army green of my Big Dummy. So to kill two birds with one stone Hattie was stripped naked and dispatched to the powder coaters.

The RAL for the army green is 6014 but I was advised by the powder coaters that they didn’t have it and it would be a week or so to get a batch mixed and cost a small fortune as they would never use it again. Instead they said they had recently had a guy getting Land Rover parts done in a special green,

Ok said I what shade?

Oh NATO Green mixed to MOD spec we have some left over.

BINGO! Yes please.

They also recommended a lacquer coat over the top to give a higher gloss finish and all for the princely sum of £45. Now needs a fresh set of stickers

So here is the result. I took the chance to have a change of bars to something slightly more conventional, in this case Surly Torsion Bars made by Nitto, and whilst doing that popped on a non recall Salsa Cromoto I had managed to snag.
First shake down ride at work and I have some to the conclusion chain tensions are a must to stop the rear wheel creeping.

DSCF0020.jpg

sorley tempted but will need to get a pass out from her indoors

I might only be able to manage a day ticket, due to work.

Do I need to register?

no need to register, but i will update the link in the meet section on this site as soon as the mtbr fat section thread is updated.

more the merrier, just waiting to here where we are all meeting and where the riding is starting from.

Back