Daily Rider Rohan

Ralph_the_Rohan

Retro Guru
Hi,

Just thought I'd post a few pictures of the new daily ride that I've just finished putting together. It's, I believe, a '77 or '78 Pat Rohan, which was initially purchased by a friend as a donor bike for it's virtually complete Campagnolo Record Group Set. He kindly donated the frameset to me and I've built it up with the following....

Shimano 600 Arabesque Chainset, Front and Rear Mechs, Shifters (adapted to fit the braze-ons), Brake Calipers and Levers.
Brooks Professional Saddle.
Shimano 600 Bottom Bracket.
Shimano 600 Head Set.
Shimano 600 Aero Seat Post.
Cinelli Handlebars.
Cinelli XA Stem.
Shimano Dura-ace hubs laced to Mavic Gold OR10 rims.
Shimano Dura-ace Hyperglide close ratio 7 speed cassette.
Kyokuto Top Run Pedals.

I've left the frame in its unrestored state as I love '70s patina!

Does anyone know why it has "RALPH" embossed into the tops of the Seat Stays?

Steve.

Attachments

• IMG_0719a.jpg
    IMG_0719a.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 802
  • IMG_0720a.jpg
    IMG_0720a.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 801
  • IMG_0713a.jpg
    IMG_0713a.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 802
I love coppery coloured bikes, and that is particularly lovely. It wears the vintage Shimano well.

I had to read the frame name several times as i've never heard of Pat Rohan but i have heard of Ralph Colman bicycles, maybe not linked !

The Shimano stuff looks well on this beautiful machine though the aero seat post looks kinda out of place on this bike !

Ian.

Pat Rohan's was a bike shop in Harrow , West London , until sometime in the 90t's. If I remember rightly Ron Thomas built the frames , in the latter years anyway . No idea about Ralph though .

chipper":v2ohspew said:
Pat Rohan's was a bike shop in Harrow , West London , until sometime in the 90t's. If I remember rightly Ron Thomas built the frames , in the latter years anyway . No idea about Ralph though .

Could this be a re-named bike or is could be a 'one off' with the seat stays engraved of the actual riders name ? :cool:

Back