1992 - SBIKE 729 -

Pics with original wheels and Spinergy wheels : :cool: ;)

jantesxtr.jpg

jantesspinergy.jpg

And small detail :

swissmade.jpg

Cool build :cool:. That looks light and fast ....

I bet it makes an excellent road bike. Are these hard to find?

dallas95":3pixdpfd said:
Cool build :cool:. That looks light and fast ....

I bet it makes an excellent road bike. Are these hard to find?

Yup, they are light and wickedly fast. IIRC Sbike claimed in their ads that the 729 weighed 9.9kg (just a bit less than 21.8 lbs) stock.

As for being hard to find : The frame itself was used on several models, with the main differences being the forks and groupsets.
Every month or so one of these frames pops up on eBay (usually the german eBay, sometimes the UK one), but very few of those have the aluminium fork. The Cro-Moly fork (the red one in Bobber's piture) was much more common.

@964boy : Do you mind if I borrow that picture of your bike on the original wheels? I'm doing a major overhaul of my site, and your 729 looks a lot better than the one I currently have on there (which is my own bike :oops: )

Thanks for the info' Raging Bull. Nice website btw. This is a brand I have not come across until I came on this site and it is tempting me for a road build. I think I will need to keep an eye on the German ebay and see if I can find something. ;)

That's gorgeous :cool:

I actually prefer it with the Spinergys on it too... There aren't many bikes I'll say that about! They just seem to suit it better.. I guess it's because they look futuristic, just like the frame.

Very nice :)

Back