Bargain Ebay bike lights

Mine arrived this morning, have been charging both sets side by side, still red LED (in the charger). How long do they usually take (I'd say it's been 5 hours so far)?

Well, got to work this morning and both chargers are green LEDs. Took the batteries out, put them in the torches, nothing doing. Swapped all batteries in both torches. Clicking the end caps, no light.

Any ideas before I return them?

EDIT: You have to put the batteries in upside down, so the internal "Spring" terminal is actually on the +ve cap of the battery. Yes, really. I've never owned a battery-powered device where this is the case.

Lunacy.

...the set I have is identical (only a much more appealing black colour) - I cannot fault them so far - very good for the price so if they only last a couple of seasons I will be more than happy. Very good beam control on them. I have mine mounted on an Acor mount (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Acor-Handleba ... 516wt_1163) so they are centered on the bars otherwise they are almost impossible to fit on risers.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
same as the ones i posted?

cool, would be interested to see how they fare over time. not a bad deal for £56-ish

last week I took delivery of this lamp - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CREE-XM-L-XML ... 27ca74ade7

I paid £ 21, the same lamp is now £ 1.40 cheaper ggrr......

Seem right enough - today I tapped the lamp for M3 thread to use an buitoon head screw instead of the nasty self tapper and glued on the base as it was a bit wobbly. (manged to drop the circular glass piece and chipped it at the edge but fortunately it is hidden. :twisted:

once the clocks change, then it will get some use.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back